cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JPL
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Poor communication from a communications company!!

I have to say I have never ever signed up or posted anything on a forum before, but after the last week of trying to deal with BT I have been driven to airing my views!

We recently moved house and after a week or so eventually managed to get an order set up to transfer our old telephone number to our new property. This was all systems go for last Wednesday. 

Wednesday came and nothing happened, so I called BT. I had the "pleasure" of speaking to 6 different people around the world during my 2 HOUR telephone call, to eventually find out that my order had "got stuck in the BT system" and therefore had to be cancelled! I was told the order would be reinstated but would take a futher week for the line to be activated, and then only with a temporary number, not our old numbers as first requested! 

To my joy, I was told that I would then have to call BT AGAIN to set up another order to get our old number back! 

I did this and on this Sunday received an email confirmation back from BT to say the change of number would be active in one working days time, i.e yesterday or today depending on how you interpret this!

Surprise surprise, this hasn't happened in the timescale they said it would! I call BT yet again and have been told it will be active by midnight tomorrow night, so another 2 day delay!

How can a communications business be run like this??? In my two hour call last week I asked to speak to the manager of the person I was speaking to in the call centre and, when they wouldnt put me through, I'm sorry to say I raised my voice, at which point I was laughed at!! Outrageous!!  

I eventually speak to somebody who professed to be the manager, who said they would look into the situation, and woud call me back within an hour. 5 days later I'm still waiting for that call!!!  

This is one very unhappy BT customer, who is very very close to being an ex-customer (but i'm sure nobody at BT would care about that!!!)

Cheers

Jon

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Poor communication from a communications company!!

Hi JPL,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your order.  I can help you sort this out from here.  To get in touch, click on the "about me" section of my profile where you'll see the link to "contact the mods".

Thanks a million,

Robbie

0 Ratings
JPL
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi Robbie

I've replied via the "send this user a private message". Is this correct?

Regards

Jon

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

should be a contact us link which then gives a form to complete and send  remember to take a note of ref number that appears after sending

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings