Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
paulw1
Message 1 of 7

Porting BT landline to Vodafone One Net

Go to solution

Hi

im trying to find out how to port my current Bt landline to Vodafone one net, but nobody in BT customer services seems to know what i am talking about. All they seem interested in is trying to get me to drop VF and take out a Bt mobile contract instead, which is not what i want to do.

Can somebody point me in the right direction please.

many thanks

Paul

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Porting BT landline to Vodafone One Net

Go to solution

should you niot be addressing your question to vodafone who you want to take over your current BT line and number

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
paulw1
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

vodafone tell me i need authorisation from BT

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

check here  https://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/ask-our-expert/can-i-keep-my-phone-number-if-i-change-broadband-p...

and then go to vodafone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
paulw1
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

thanks for that, but its just the landline number i want to move, i dont want to drop BT completely. Just move my land line number as i use it for work but transfer it to vodafone and then still keep BT broadband and a landline (i assume BT can issue another number)

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
It's upto the company who are gaining the number (who you want to port the number to) that organise the port, not the company losing the number (BT), I would think in the majority of cases porting the number away, also ceases service with the losing provider.
If you want to keep the BT service , just with a different BT number , then your existing service would have to be renumbered, you could request that renumber to be done anytime ( it's chargeable unless the renumber is due to abusive calls etc , in which case you need a crime number ) , but obviously you wouldn't have use of the old number until the Vodafone import it, ideally you want a seemless port from BT to Vodafone, with a linked BT renumber but Vodafone don't seem to have a process to get you what you want
LittleHelper
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Yup Vodafone need to place an order to take over the line. Unfortunately this will cut off your BT broadband also when they do it unless you do what the person above mentioned.

Renumber the BT line (think it's £10 but could be wrong there) Get the line active on a random new number with Vodafone and then once it's live request a renumber back to your old BT one.... it's a lot of hassle either way.

Also as a side note there is pretty much no monetary value in splitting your services between 2 different companies. It will probably end up costing you more as you won't be able to keep the same package you are on with BT now as this package is for both phone and broadband. You would have to move to a solus broadband package which is not worth the price.
0 Ratings