cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Porting Vonage to BT. - BT Fault VOL013-************.

BT please respond.  

I still have no landline, I still don't have my BT number back.

Before I signed up to BT Full Fibre as I had heard there are 'leaving' problems with Vonage I specifically asked several times will you be able to port my number from Vonage to BT ?  the answer was clear, Yes, no problem.

Installation was on the 16th July, I still have no landline and myself have had to ask you three or four  times to port my number.  4 times its failed (initially due to postcode mismatch and despite now being a fault as per the above number, no one from BT has called me about it.  

no blame personally asa everyone I have spoken to have been very helpful but both 'Ronnie' and 'Stuart' from connections have said they would call me back but have for some reason not been able to. (they were as I say very helpful when I spoke with them)

As can be seen on this 'Landline' community page there is a similar fault of porting Vonage to BT.  Other examples can be found by google.  So this is likely a problem with Vonage's admin, but I did specifically raise that as a condition of my taking the service, so am reliant on BT to resolve and ensure that I recover my old BT number. 

What is the best way forward please?  Can you assign a Case Manager to my fault and the Vonage porting in general please?

Thank you

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Porting Vonage to BT. - BT Fault VOL013-************.

as it says when you sign up this is a customer help customer forum and your post does not go to BT

please delete fault ref as that is personal and this is a public forum

is your landline by old style copper with master socket?  no dial tone?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Presumably when first ordered your service ( FTTP and Telephony) you  had a phone number allocated , albeit hopefully a temporary number , but presumably you know that number....what happens if you call that number ?,
As already asked , what ( if anything ) is on the copper service NTE , did you have any service over the copper pair before the FTTP install , ( perhaps you used a totally different network for your broadband so that socket wasn’t in use for quite some time, we know the telephony was VOIP )
It seems odd the OR engineer wasn’t concerned about the telephony part of his job, even if it was a number you were not ‘bothered’ about, but presumably you need that number when speaking to BT.

You state ( on other posts ) that you haven’t yet advised Vonage of anything  , and are waiting ( hoping ) that the correct migration /porting process is employed rather than waiting for the number to be returned to BT eventually, courtesy of ceasing the number with Vonage, so cannot you ( in the interim ) access the number over your BT FTTP , in a similar way to how you accessed it with your previous ‘broadband’ provider....don’t you just need to associate Vonage VOIP account with your new BT broadband ( the fact it’s FTTP seems irrelevant) 

It’s a bit of a mystery to me (VOIP) but presumably one of its advantages is you can swap between ISP’s and the VOIP service can work on any and all ISPs .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

"is your landline by old style copper with master socket?  no dial tone?"

My current landline is VOIP with Vonage over a non BT Broadband that I wish to cease.  I can't cease it until BT provide me with the promised Landline.  I'm told they are going to provide my landline over my old copper/master socket which has no dial tone.  

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Answers inline

"Presumably when first ordered your service ( FTTP and Telephony) you  had a phone number allocated , albeit hopefully a temporary number , but presumably you know that number....what happens if you call that number ?,"

I've not been told of a new or temporary number.  I've asked to bring across my existing number from Vonage.

"As already asked , what ( if anything ) is on the copper service NTE , did you have any service over the copper pair before the FTTP install , ( perhaps you used a totally different network for your broadband so that socket wasn’t in use for quite some time, we know the telephony was VOIP )"

I have a working non BT broadband that I will cease when the BT setup is working including landline.   The BT copper/Master socket used to work in my time here but has n't been used for years.

"It seems odd the OR engineer wasn’t concerned about the telephony part of his job, even if it was a number you were not ‘bothered’ about, but presumably you need that number when speaking to BT"

The engineer said he did not do the landline, only the fibre and broadband which is working.  I call BT from the Vonage VOIP working over the non BT Broadband

"You state ( on other posts ) that you haven’t yet advised Vonage of anything  , and are waiting ( hoping ) that the correct migration /porting process is employed rather than waiting for the number to be returned to BT eventually, courtesy of ceasing the number with Vonage, so cannot you ( in the interim ) access the number over your BT FTTP , in a similar way to how you accessed it with your previous ‘broadband’ provider....don’t you just need to associate Vonage VOIP account with your new BT broadband ( the fact it’s FTTP seems irrelevant) "

Please don't confuse my Vonage to BT porting problem with another customer with same problem which I think you reference above.   When I subscribed to BT I asked to take only fibre and keep the Vonage VOIP by simply transferring it to work BT Broadband but I was told this is not allowed and that I must take a BT landline (even though I now see that is delivered over copper and not fibre)

"It’s a bit of a mystery to me (VOIP) but presumably one of its advantages is you can swap between ISP’s and the VOIP service can work on any and all ISPs"

Technically yes but apparently BT will not allow Vonage VOIP over their broadband.  

0 Ratings