cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobbs
Contributor
Message 101 of 703

Re: Possible Scam?

Same thing again. Contacted BT and then a few hours later the scam call. It seriously is quite disturbing. Counting down till I go back to Sky

0 Ratings
sevenacregreen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 102 of 703

Just had a phishing scam phone call (number withheld ) perporting to be from BT  (they usually claim they are from Microsoft)

Ran through a whole load of things to try to scare me   - services not running - errors in the event log.

Then tried to get me to use the run dialog  to go to  www.logyou.net.

The website home page is a set of links to remote control software:

"softwares/TeamViewer_Setup_en.exe" "images/teamviewer.png"

"softwares/Supremo.exe""images/supremo.png"

"http://www.ammyy.com/en/downloads.html"images/ammyy.gif"

"https://www.fastsupport.com/" "images/fasttrack.png"

!!!DONT GO THERE!!!!

At this point I told him I thought it was a scam and hung up

be warned!

0 Ratings
SwanseaMick
Contributor
Message 103 of 703

This getting beyond a joke. Called today from 0015192568945, Indian lady claiming to be from BT, my internet provider. Told her she wasn't and I immediately hung up.

NOTE to Moderators. Please pass this up the line to senior management. Action needs to be taken, too many people are reporting this on this forum, but how many other calls are there, that don't get reported?

BT's reputation is being seriously undermined - TAKE ACTION NOW

0 Ratings
Bobbs
Contributor
Message 104 of 703

Yet another one today. 

Called from 0203 862928. Said her name was Elena Francis and gave her employee number. As 5003. She was very convincing and thought she had us hooked in. Passed us to her supervisor and when I said it was a scam call he called me a f*#%ing **bleep** and my husband a pr*%k

its really getting too much. I reported it to action fraud. I really wish that BT would do something. I have never ever had calls like this purporting to be from my ISP 

0 Ratings
Shazza13B
Message 105 of 703

I've just had a similar call, an Indian sounding chap saying he was from BT & telling me there are a few problems with landlines & broadband in my area & he can help with internet speeds. It didn't sound like the usual BT call & the telephone number called from was 'unavailable' - I told him my thoughts & ended the call. Then looked on BT's website to see that there are no problems in my area. I can see why people may get caught though.

0 Ratings
mac2
Message 106 of 703

Hi yes same scam came home to hubby on phone to indian lady from BT openreach she was so persistent I told her she was being recored and the phone went down....... next day same again asked could i phone him back the number he gave was idiotic we do know by now BT would not phone us unless its an emergency..mac2

0 Ratings
Highlighted
thaonguyen
Message 107 of 703

Re: BT Online Chat

Hi , we have problems abt scam call . How we can stop the number keep trying calling us brother we business .
Thanks
0 Ratings
DC998
Beginner
Message 108 of 703

Re: BT Online Chat

I'm prepared to believe that these scammers don't have special info and are just calling random numbers. After all if you claim to be from a company that is known to have problems and is notorious for bad customer service (e.g. Microsoft, BT) then there is a good chance that will you make a successful hit.

What I find disturbing is that these calls, from someone claiming to be BT, are being passed through BT's own computers and phone lines.

Why can't BT find them and block them -- without making us, the BT customers, pay!

0 Ratings
Username90
Beginner
Message 109 of 703

Re: New India Phone Scam

Hi I don't think they block calls from abroad, which is where scams sometimes come from. Apparently these scammers can spoof phone numbers too so even with caller display a call can appear to be from the UK. However, I no longer answer an International call or any unknown numbers even if it seems to be UK based but look it up first on the internet. These numbers can make for interesting reading. It's intriguing how one has to use the phone service these days... Regards
0 Ratings
NickRH1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 110 of 703

Re: BT Online Chat - Indian Call Centre Leak?

I take your point that it is easy to pretend to be from BT and be phoning at random, and I'm sure that may well apply to the majority of posts in this thread. I've had "microsoft" calling often enough over the years when I don't have a PC, so I realise it happens!

However, there is a multitude of people who, like me, report a clear clustering of "BT" calls immediately after contacting BT and having a conversation about a problem via 151 with their Indian call centre. Furthermore, my experience was such that the callers in question had information about my account that made it pretty clear that some form of data leak had occured. That is what happened to TalkTalk, and my experience convinces me that BT have a similar problem. Unfortunately, those folks who are being pestered by the majority, random, scoundrels pretending to be from BT, are posting their concerns here too.

There are two issues; 1. BT has a leak (I believe). 2. BT also has a responsibility to address overseas nuicance calls which we all get. I think they are trying to address the latter to some degree, but unless those complaints of genuine data concerns are heeded, there could well be a more serious issue at stake than the typical scam calls which for most of us are nothing but a minor nuicance, (although they could be a real trap for the vulnerable too.)

Tags (1)
0 Ratings