cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 621 of 703

Re: Possible Scam?

That site is OK it is owned by Ziff Davis however no doubt whatever speed it returned he would have tried to convince you that he could improve it.

0 Ratings
johnnieg
Message 622 of 703

Had 3 today, they are trying hard
0 Ratings
Slim
Beginner
Message 623 of 703

Received one a few minutes ago from a man with an Indian accent apparantly called "Austin". Wouldn't give me a number to ring back, said it was a computer call! Wanted me to press the windows button + R. I immedaitely became suspicious and ended the call right there.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
DeyrickG
Aspiring Expert
Message 624 of 703

Two of the automated BT Tech Department your internet will be terminated today press 2 for engineer scam today so far.

0 Ratings
Slim
Beginner
Message 625 of 703

Just had another from "Thomas Ashcroft", a few seconds after giving his name, he hung up!

0 Ratings
yldmark
Message 626 of 703

Re: New India Phone Scam

I had a very similar encounter this morning with an Indian dude, telling me how he was calling from BT and he's here to give an upgrade to mine broadband. I doubted him straight away. He tried to get me to download "teamviewer" which would have given him control of my laptop. I hanged up, then he tried to call me back again... blocked that caller ID

0 Ratings
Flossy744
Contributor
Message 627 of 703

After having about 20 scam calls from foreign speaking folk reckoning they were from BT I had one today from Talk Talk, obviously I hung up but it made a change 😉

0 Ratings
Snebze
Message 628 of 703

I've just had the same thing. I don't think he'd got his list from BT though (at least not recently) as he was trying to scam the family who had this number about 7 years ago, not me. He hung up on me when I told him he had the wrong number.

It's the third time they've tried this on me, but the first time that they've asked for Mr Wilson.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 629 of 703

See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48253/kw/scam%20calls/c/761,6077

Nothing to do with BT.

If you respond, then they know there is a real person on the end, and will add you to a "suckers" list, and you will get even more calls, so just hang up and do not speak, or press any buttons.

They will also try to extract personal information from you.

There are lots of threads on this board about this.

0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 630 of 703

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48253/kw/scam%20calls/c/761,6077

Nothing to do with BT.

If you respond, then they know there is a real person on the end, and will add you to a "suckers" list, and you will get even more calls, so just hang up and do not speak, or press any buttons.

They will also try to extract personal information from you.

There are lots of threads on this board about this.

Also remember if you reply it could be an expensive call.

0 Ratings