Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frustrated26
Beginner
Message 721 of 726

Re: Possible Scam?

I will.

There just isn't an opportunity here to add detail and explain further.

I did speak to someone at BT who was very nice and sympathetic.  I realise their job is difficult.

I am just not sure that my concern completely registered, as they did not suggest escalating.  I was just directed to BT call protect to blacklist number.

My issue was more that I seemed to get a text from a fraudster, from a genuine BT source?!

0 Ratings
sahikmet
Beginner
Message 722 of 726

I recently had two text messages, saying BT one off use code giving a number, I could not think any use for it deleted it. My rarely used simple mobile phone is from O2 not BT, I now realize this was a scam. Thanks for your post. 

I still get regular phone calls, pretending is coming from UK. I now tell them I moved to South Afrika and redirected my phone. Gets them well confused. 

0 Ratings
kevreedy62
Beginner
Message 723 of 726

I had this call today. they take over your computer.and tell you your router is causing virus etc.told me I am getting a new router the next day. and I will be refunded £200..then asks me to log into my bank account and use card reader.this is when I suspected this is a scam..bt would never ask for your bank details.beware of this phone number 01943 803094. got this via 1741..and an Indian sounding person.no disrespect to Indian people intended.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 724 of 726

@kevreedy62wrote:

I had this call today. they take over your computer.and tell you your router is causing virus etc.told me I am getting a new router the next day. and I will be refunded £200..then asks me to log into my bank account and use card reader.this is when I suspected this is a scam..bt would never ask for your bank details.beware of this phone number 01943 803094. got this via 1741..and an Indian sounding person.no disrespect to Indian people intended.

Hi, welcome to the forums.

The number range 01943 80xxxx is protected and not used, hence guaranteed scam.

Did the scammers actually take over your computer? If so, you need to check for viruses or malware, and potentially change all passwords after the check.

0 Ratings
kevreedy62
Beginner
Message 725 of 726

Yes took over my computer
0 Ratings
Message 726 of 726

Hi @kevreedy62 sorry to hear that you received a scam call. It's good that you did not provide your bank details but please follow the advice given by @Andy_N as you need to ensure your computer is secure.

Report your Scam Call and you can find more information on staying protected from scams.

Thanks
John 

0 Ratings