cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robb_2
Message 1 of 9

Priority/ emergency repair

My mother's phone is out, She has recently had a fall and I'm worried about safety. The fault was reported on the 27th and I was told it was being treated as a priority and would be fixed within 30 hours. The 30 hours opassed and nothing happened. I have since been chasing the matter and have been told 30 hours another twice, but the fault has not been resolved. Each time I call customer services i get different versions of the problem / who has been affected and what the repair status is. I was promised an update on mobile today between 3 and 5pm but was not called so had to chase the matter. I then got two conflicting versions of what happened to the callback. One was that someone had tried to contact me but I was unavailable (not true, I was waiting and there were no missed calls) and the other saying that there had been a delay with the callback. One operator I spoke to said that they may correct the fault by the end of today, but the next person I called would not confirm anything about this.

I have been waiting for this emergency 30 hour repair since last Thursday. What else is there that I can do to chase the matter?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Priority/ emergency repair

Welcome to this customer to customer help forum.

As its Openreach who do the repair, I expect they are short of staff. They normally take three working days to look at a fault, which would mean the 2nd September.

Priority is given to those registered on their Priority Repair Scheme, See

http://www.bt.com/includingyou/other-products-services.html#fault

If she is not registered on theis scheme, then it may be worthwhile for the future, if she qualifies.

BT Retail woud be relying on an update from Openreach, which is why there is probably some delay.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9394/~/customer-service-guarantee

0 Ratings
robb_2
Message 3 of 9

Surely if I reported this on the 27th then three working days would be sooner than the 2nd. customer services agreed to treat this as a priority, that they would assign it to a priority team who would chase the matter on my behalf and said that even though the outreach contact office may be closed that the engineers themselves would be looking into the matter immediately and would be working on it. The problems have been these continued promises of "30 hours" which are never honoured and an inability to get reliable information about progress.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

If you reported it on the 27th.

28th would be one working day.

Sat Sun and bank hols not working days, apart from businesses with TotalCare cover.

1st Sept would be two working days.

2nd Sep would be three working days.

See http://www.bt.co.uk/pricing/current/Maintenance_boo/0201_d0e47.htm#0201-d0e47

"

Fault Repair

Operates between 8am and 6pm on Monday to Friday (not including public and bank holidays). BT will fix faults by the end of the second working day after which the fault was reported (up to 23:59 hours)."

0 Ratings
robb_2
Message 5 of 9

Okay that leaves me with confusion regarding the repeated claims of resolution in 30 hours. Why would that be repeatedly mentioned and why would I be told that they may fix the problem by the end of today?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

I have no idea, unless its affecting a number of customers, and its in the process of being repaired.

Have you looked on the service status page to see if its included?

https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=31

0 Ratings
robb_2
Message 7 of 9

Yes I've looked there and the dialling code of the number I'm referring to does not feature in any of the lists of ongoing issues.

As you can tell I'm very concerned about this; the mark of customer service is the way a company treats it's most vulnerable customers who rely on their services daily.

Constantly being given false assurances, broken promises, misleading information and conflicting information is worse than being given no information at all and is compounding my concern. Simply being given links to standard company policies isn't reassuring since I've been told repeatedly that this is indeed being treated as a priority case.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

As this is only a customer to customer forum, and I am only a customer, there is nothing else I can suggest.

It will be with Openreach, who deal with all Service Providers, and not just BT Retail, so there may be higher priority customers with other Service Providers like Sky, TalkTalk etc, who reported their fault before you reported yours.

Openreach are not allowed to give BT Retail any priority.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hi robb_2,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community forum!

Sorry that your Mum's service has developed a fault.  I can definitely understand how concerned you are that she is unable to use her phone and I'm sorry you were told the fault would be repaired in 30 hours and she is still having problems.

We can pick this up from here and find out what's causing the hold up.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to get in touch with us.  Once you've sent over your details, reply with something along the lines of "details sent" (without posting the reference number) and I'll get it picked up from here as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings