cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Poppet6
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Problem with Gate Entry System

I have the Advanced Phone Z Trio and am having problems using the gate entry system.

The gates are ringing the land line okay, when I press 3 on the handset to open the gates it doesn't work.

Someone said something about Pulse and Tone settings?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Problem with Gate Entry System

@Poppet6 

Who provides your phone service?

Who provides the connection to the gate entry system, as I assume that is also a phone line?

0 Ratings
Poppet6
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi Keith

My phone service is through Sky, the gate entry system is Videx UK, this has a SIM installed that talks to my landline.

It was all working fine until last week, I thought one of my handsets was maybe faulty so bought a new set of phones but it still won't open the gates when I press 3.

The Videx guy says is my phone set to pulse to tone? I can't find how to check this on my phone (Advanced Phone Z)

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@Poppet6 wrote:

Hi Keith

My phone service is through Sky, the gate entry system is Videx UK, this has a SIM installed that talks to my landline.

It was all working fine until last week, I thought one of my handsets was maybe faulty so bought a new set of phones but it still won't open the gates when I press 3.

The Videx guy says is my phone set to pulse to tone? I can't find how to check this on my phone (Advanced Phone Z)

This is a BT Retail customer forum, so you will have to take up the issue with Sky, as they are your phone provider.

They also have a user forum, so it may be worth asking advice there, as it may be a problem with the Sky exchange equipment not responding to the phone signals.

Sky User - The unofficial support forum for everything Sky!

If Sky think its an issue with your phone, then there is a help page here, which has a link to the user manual.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/60800/~/advanced-phone-z

Tone dialling is now the default, and I cannot see any mention of the obsolete pulse dialling, so it possible that there is a fault on your landline which is stopping the tones reaching the gate system?

0 Ratings