Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Problem with landline

Go to solution

Joined bt from virgin on 14 April 2020 TV and internet fine . Landline can call out but when I try to call landline from my mobile nothing even tried to answer landline when ringing from mobile and it's just dial tone. Virgin informed me bt haven't taken over line yet so are still charging me but I can ring 150 to bt off it . Had checks done by customer services and they sending engineer but noticed other people have had problem before so wondering if someone can help me . 

Thanks

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Problem with landline

Go to solution

@Wendy75 

Ring 17070 and make a note of the phone number that is read out. Then call that number from you mobile and see if your home phone rings.

If it does, then that is the phone number that BT have allocated to your line.

Its not normally possible to port Virgin Media phone number over to BT Retail, unless the number originally was issued by BT, at your current address.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

It's the same number I had with virgin bt said they could swop it over when I joined so maybe ask engineer to request a new number 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

So is the number that you get when you ring 17070, the number that you want, and was that originally issued to you by BT, before you eventually moved to VM?

I am trying to determine whether this is just a porting issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Yes it's the same number when I ring 17070 I don't think bt had this number before . All my landline and internet wires are now plugged into an openreach socket the virgin socket is separate which virgin tell me is still working and they are awaiting bt to take it over . But I can ring bt from landline dialling 150 . Bt say it has already been taken over or I wouldn't be able to ring 150 . It's just incoming calls that aren't working as if the change over hasn't happened properly but I'm no expert 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@Wendy75 wrote:

Yes it's the same number when I ring 17070 I don't think bt had this number before . All my landline and internet wires are now plugged into an openreach socket the virgin socket is separate which virgin tell me is still working and they are awaiting bt to take it over . But I can ring bt from landline dialling 150 . Bt say it has already been taken over or I wouldn't be able to ring 150 . It's just incoming calls that aren't working as if the change over hasn't happened properly but I'm no expert 

Then that is an incoming porting issue on the network somewhere, as you can make outgoing calls on the right number.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Please bear in mind that with the current crisis, it could take a long time for one of them to deal with your request.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you so much 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Wendy75 welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry that you are not receiving calls since moving over to us. It does sound like the number port has only partially completed. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you have private messaged you 

Many Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted