cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Problem with telephone line

Go to solution

Hi , i am moving to a new place , and i am having trouble finding info on my line , when i do a search for what speed i get i get this error "The address you entered could not be matched. Please amend and try again"

So in this building am in is a hair shop below  and then 4 flats next to and above, the main shop is 6a-8a and am in 6a-8a , flat 2 but when i look on the adsl checker that gives me the error i see this

chrome_2019-03-17_22-39-50.png

What do the XX mean ? cos if i do a search for flat 3 and 4 all is fine tells me what the speeds are but for my flat which is 2 i have XX and not MR and looks like am missing numbers a s well.

If anyone can help that would be great , as i want fibre as flat 3 and 4 in the same building has it.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Problem with telephone line

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum @adrianvaughan 

Which Service Provider have you placed your order with?

The external network is provided by Openreach, for whichever provider you are using.

This forum is for customers of BT Retail.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution
I have not placed a order yet as am trying to find out why no isp talk talk, plus net, can find my line any type of search comes up with nothing
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Until you place an order for a phone line, there will be no information on the routing, which is why your line cannot be found.

Once you have a working phone line, then you can see what broadband options are available.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution
There is a phone line in, there is a bt master socket there, if that's what your asking
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

@adrianvaughan wrote:
There is a phone line in, there is a bt master socket there, if that's what your asking

There may be a socket, and internal cabling, but the line will not exist on the Openreach database, and there will be no recorded route back to the exchange.

The only way to get it onto the Openreach database, is to place an order for a phone line with your chosen Service Provider.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution
So if I phone bt and take a fibre package it should be all fine? Then I will do that, am just confused as the flat has been there for years why its not in the database?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

@adrianvaughan wrote:
So if I phone bt and take a fibre package it should be all fine? Then I will do that, am just confused as the flat has been there for years why its not in the database?

If you want to use BT Retail as your provider for phone and broadband, then you will need to place an order for a phone line.

Once that phone line is active, you can use this link below,  to find out what broadband options are available.

Broadband availability checker

The flat would not be on the database if there has not been a working phone line in there, for a number of years.

If you decide on BT Retail, and you have any problems placing your order, then more assistance is available. This forum cannot help if you place your order with a different provider.

Beginner
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution
Cool, thanks for the update, will phone bt this morning and get this sorted. Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

@adrianvaughan wrote:
Cool, thanks for the update, will phone bt this morning and get this sorted. Thanks

There should be no issues, but if you do get stuck, one of the BT Employees who moderate this forum, can be asked to assist.

Make sure the address of your flat is correct, on the Royal Mail Postcode Database, but if you have been getting post, then its probably correct.

0 Ratings