Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oldjock
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Problems with Caller Display

Hi Paddy B,

I'm in exactly the same situation that Lozzerelli  was in, going round in circles with BT for the last 4 months.  BT have passed my complaint on to Open Reach twice and report back that the line is working.  I have now accumulated about 7 VOL complaint numbers with regard to this fault.  My BT8610 Premium Nuisance Call Blocker worked fine with caller display at our last two addresses.  BT are now saying it must be my phone that is faulty.  How do I get out of this loop?  

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Problems with Caller Display

Hi @oldjock 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!  I have moved your post on to your own thread as the one you posted on has already been marked as solved.

Sorry for the problem you're having with Caller Display.  I assume you also have BT Broadband?  You can get in touch with us and we'll have a look.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
davidchesson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

I see Robbiemac has picked up the message. He will get it sorted, he did for me. 

Message 4 of 14

@davidchesson wrote:

I see Robbiemac has picked up the message. He will get it sorted, he did for me. 

Cheers for the shout out @davidchesson 😎

Hope all's good mate.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Hi @oldjock thanks for sending over your details and sorry that the problem with the Caller Display service has not been resolved.

I called earlier and left a brief message; sorry I missed you. I wanted to check that after pressing  *234# that you get a message to confirm that the callers number will be displayed. Also have you tested another Caller Display phone on your home line? Post back and let me know.

cheers
John 

0 Ratings
oldjock
Beginner
Message 6 of 14

Hi John, 

Yes, in response to *#234# I get the message "Callers' identities will be displayed  ", but they're not.  Any incoming call is just identified as "incoming call".  No, I have not tried another call blocking 'phone as I don't have one and am reluctant to spend the money on another 'phone, money which may be wasted.  Would you refund me if it proves not to be my 'phone at fault?  As I have said, this 'phone worked well at our two previous addresses and otherwise seems to be functioning well.  It just can't see incoming numbers.   How were other complainants fixed?  Could it be an issue with the local exchange?  

Thank you for your attention   

Upon reflection, oldjock seems a silly pseudonym!  

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 7 of 14

@oldjockwrote:

Hi John, 

Yes, in response to *#234# I don't think that number is corrcct.  Check @JohnC2 's messageI get the message "Callers' identities will be displayed  ", but they're not.  Any incoming call is just identified as "incoming call".  No, I have not tried another call blocking 'phone as I don't have one and am reluctant to spend the money on another 'phone, money which may be wasted.  Call blocking phones are the ultimate solution if you do not want to be disturbed by scam & nuisance calls. Would you refund me if it proves not to be my 'phone at fault?  As I have said, this 'phone worked well at our two previous addresses and otherwise seems to be functioning well.  It just can't see incoming numbers.   How were other complainants fixed?  Could it be an issue with the local exchange?  

Thank you for your attention   

Upon reflection, oldjock seems a silly pseudonym!  

0 Ratings
oldjock
Beginner
Message 8 of 14

Hi John,

Here is an update.  An engineer came out to our house and tinkered with our 'phone.  He went back to the exchange.  He 'phoned back to say that all was working and tested out at the exchange.  He said the fault must lie with our 'phone.  I have just bought another 'phone, a BT4000, and set it up.  I programmed in my mobile number.  I called the landline from my mobile and the display reads "incoming call".  Caller display is still not working.  I deduce the problem does not lie with my 'phone and I have just spent £39.99 in vain!    I have sent RobbieMac a private message with this information.  Between you, can you summon all the brains that BT have to fix this problem? 

Regards Hugh

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Hi @oldjock thanks for the update and sorry that you have had to purchase another phone and the fault has not been fixed. I've went back to Openreach to get the case that resulted in the engineer visit re-opened as it is not resolved. I'll be in touch early next week when I have an update from them.

thanks
John

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 10 of 14

@oldjockwrote:

Hi John,

Here is an update.  An engineer came out to our house and tinkered with our 'phone.  He went back to the exchange.  He 'phoned back to say that all was working and tested out at the exchange.  He said the fault must lie with our 'phone.  I have just bought another 'phone, a BT4000, and set it up.  I programmed in my mobile number.  I called the landline from my mobile and the display reads "incoming call".  Caller display is still not working.  I deduce the problem does not lie with my 'phone and I have just spent £39.99 in vain!    I have sent RobbieMac a private message with this information.  Between you, can you summon all the brains that BT have to fix this problem? 

Regards Hugh

Did you activate Caller Display using the correct number this time *234#

0 Ratings