cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gadjet
Message 11 of 88

Re: Problems with call guardian on BT8500

I am having the same problems as everyone else, my contacts are stored on my BT8500, I even set them all as VIP's but someties they come through other times call gaurdian screens them?!

I have reset my BT8500, and tried it with no numbers stored, and then phoned with my mobile and my number is shown so caller ID is enabled on my line.

I am on Virgin media telephone line, when I phoned the free phone 0800 number I was advised to put filters on my phone line?

Please help, my wife is driving me insane with the problems with this new phone..

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Gadjet
Message 12 of 88

Some major progress here.

I reset my BT8500 and got a local friend to call me, just his number and no dialing prefix was displayed on handset.

This got me thinking, i.e. I was basically storing all of my contacts for my local town gloucester with 01452 then the number, I have now removed all my local prefix numbers and just stored the actual phone number and it works fine now, all my local calls come straight through. Obviously any out of area friends I have left with there prefix dialing code in tact.

Hope  this helps some of you, I now have a working phone instead of some calls going to call guardian even though they were in my contacts list.

Happy New Year to all.

magic21
Message 13 of 88

I have the same problem. how do i turn CLI on. Can you helplase
0 Ratings
frustratedtoo
Beginner
Message 14 of 88

Hi I have had the same problems, customer care were very sympathetic but not much help. I then tried the fix as posted by 'Gadjet' and it has so far worked for me. I have tried it on two local numbers stored in my phone book and they both went through the filtering although the caller was displayed when it said announced call, I then removed the area code prefix and resaved the number in my phone book got them to call back several times and now they come through straight away.

The one thing I will say is, strangely, I am also on the Gloucester 01452 prefix and also using virgin for my line as 'Gadjet'.

Feeling very happy and to be helpfull I then rang bt help number to explain what I had also found. I ended getting put through to a supervisor and explained what I had found only to be told "dont take any notice what you read on the internet, I have been running this help line since september and not had this problem reported before, these problems are very complicated and people dont understand that."

So unfortunately the fix which has worked for 'Gadjet' and so far for me doesnt seem to interest BT which is a real shame as I think these phones are brilliant and want to tell everybody to buy one, just not yet!!!

0 Ratings
frustratedtoo
Beginner
Message 15 of 88

Just to say this has worked for me many thanks 'Gadjet'

0 Ratings
JaimSea
Message 16 of 88

Hello

Can you tell me what happens if you want to make a local call and the local code is not present.

Does it work....

Cheers

@Gadjet wrote:

Some major progress here.

I reset my BT8500 and got a local friend to call me, just his number and no dialing prefix was displayed on handset.

This got me thinking, i.e. I was basically storing all of my contacts for my local town gloucester with 01452 then the number, I have now removed all my local prefix numbers and just stored the actual phone number and it works fine now, all my local calls come straight through. Obviously any out of area friends I have left with there prefix dialing code in tact.

Hope  this helps some of you, I now have a working phone instead of some calls going to call guardian even though they were in my contacts list.

Happy New Year to all.

0 Ratings
JaimSea
Message 17 of 88

Hello

Having similar problems

Can you tell me what happens if you want to make a local call and the local code is not present.

Does it work....

Cheers

0 Ratings
JaimSea
Message 18 of 88

Hello

Call Guardian is misbehaving.....friends ring and it apparently rings 4 times in their ear, before connecting and ringing us.  It rings our phone twice and then transfers to the ansaphone by which time they put down the phone and the time is so short we have not had time to pick up.....they are in our contacts and VIP list......

Any ideas PLEASE?

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 88

When storing contacts, You must include the area code, even for local numbers. Otherwise it will screen the call.
0 Ratings
1vincent
Message 20 of 88

I have a simular problem also. I have CG set to announce but when my dad calls on his mobile he has to say who he is but his nimber is in the allowed list.

I got him to call me when he was at my house and his handset rings twice and then it ask for him to announce. My phone never rang and there was no number shown. When call disconnected after a min when i check calls his name and number are shown. He is with Delight Mobile so maybe there is a problem with caller ID.

0 Ratings