Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 71 of 88

Re: Problems with call guardian on BT8500

@Franules

Although Caller Display it is turned on using software, it could still mean there is a hardware fault on the line card in the exchange.

See if you can borrow a basic phone with caller ID, to prove whether its an exchange fault. It unlikely to be an issue with the BT8500. Call Guardian would not stop caller ID from working.

Caller ID does occasionally go wrong, as the exchange equipment is very old.

0 Ratings
jbell1928
Message 72 of 88

All calls come through call guard even though entered in phone book. We have an extension Bell that rings when we get a call not the phone could this be the problem.

0 Ratings
Message 73 of 88

Have the same problems as everyone else.

Have tried re-setting per manual & other suggested solutions as here.

The system worked perfectly for a few months then ........

Calls not in my contacts ARE blocked.

People in my contacts have to announce themselves & sometimes I cannot pick up their

call - have to call them back !!!!

Will BT please offer a solution  !

0 Ratings
abstract_1
Beginner
Message 74 of 88

Hi,

The same issue occurs for us as the last item in the thread.

When call guardian is disabled it seems to disable CLI (caller display) permanently in the exchange. The customer care and technical team believe Caller display is enabled but it is still disabled on the line. They are now to send an engineer to check from our end - a lot of hassle :-(.

There seems to be some interaction between the device and the exchange which causes a permanent change in the line configuration i.e even when another device is connected to the line.

I wouldnt advise anyone to buy a guardian phone if the caller blocking function is not required.

rgds,

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 75 of 88

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Geoffhailz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 76 of 88

I have suddenly got the issue of callers on my phone book being asked to announce themselves, so I amj wondering if anyone has managed to understand and solve the problem.

My situation is:

a) CLI is working on my phone

b) most of the numbers on my contacts work fine, and come straight through

c) recently, though, phone calls from two numbers show the correct name (so cli has identified them) ... but also show "announced call" ... and the caller has to announce themselves

d) I have tried to solve this by deleting the contact and re-creating it from the number on the "last Call", but no avail. Nor does resetting the base station help.

e) Both me and the callers have BT accounts

The only odd thing is that both the problem  numbers are from the Leeds exchange - 0113 - but that may be a coincidence.

I am desperate for a solution, as one of the numbers is an elderly relative, who cant handle the "announcing"process  very well at all.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 77 of 88

Make sure that they are set as VIP numbers.

0 Ratings
Geoffhailz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 78 of 88

Sorry - I should have said. I've tried that too. Both are on the VIP list.
0 Ratings
scottie01
Message 79 of 88

There are two levels of contacts a) normal contact and b) VIP's. If want someone to ring through and speak to you. You must pomote the contact to a VIP. How to do this should be in your manual. Regards 

0 Ratings
Geoffhailz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 80 of 88

Hi Scottie - thanks for reply.  However, as the post above says, both the contacts are already VIPs.

0 Ratings