cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 81 of 88

Re: Problems with call guardian on BT8500

I just want rid of Call Guardian - it is more trouble than it is worth in my opinion but I can't seem to cancel it Can anybody tell me how?

0 Ratings
ANNEN
Beginner
Message 82 of 88

I am having the same problem, random contacts are having to Announce before getting thro, has anyone got an answer to this, 

0 Ratings
beadlady
Beginner
Message 83 of 88

I have also been advised to do a base reset but can't find how to do it. I can't find a small hole on base as advised. How did you reset?

0 Ratings
Message 84 of 88

@beadlady Page 56 on the userguide explains how to do that.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Geoffhailz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 85 of 88

For information,  I struggled with this problem for a while - trying everything that has been suggested on this thread; logging it as a fault with BT  etc etc.   It got slowly but  progressively worse, with more of my contacts being having to announce themselves.   In the end, I gave up, and decided that it had to be a hardware fault.   I bought a replacement 8500  base station +  single handset phone off Amazon,  and when it came, linked my existing other three phones to the new base.  It was a bit of a pain having to manually transfer all my contacts to the new base, but everything has worked perfectly ever since.   

0 Ratings
PD1
Message 86 of 88

The call guardian should allow all those on your contact list to come through immediately - even a blocked number.  I have had the odd mobile not get through without being announced.

Good luck with getting this sorted.

0 Ratings
dublin1
Beginner
Message 87 of 88

I have an 8600 phone & when anyone tries to phone they are asked to identify themselves & press hash.Then My phone only rings once,so if I am not right by the phone the call is lost.But sometimes on my phone it says that calls cannot be made because there is an outgoing call in progress.Which isn't the case !

Therefore,how can I remove call guardian as that is causing the problem.

0 Ratings
kERDEVAN
Message 88 of 88

If you follow the instructions in your handbook it will tell you how to change the number of rings before it switches to the answering machine, I think this should help you, it did with me. However, I'm still having problems with this heap of rubbish that was released long before it was tested properly. 

0 Ratings