cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 24

Re: Question about cost of new pole

Go to solution
And are there any other properties within 68m of where the Pole will be?
0 Ratings
Silvertiffy
Beginner
Message 22 of 24

Go to solution
yes we have properties within 68m of where the pole will be on obith sides of our property.
BT have let us down badly again, they told us Open reach would be with us between 8am-1pm 24/12 for the install ation of the line, as tehy did not show by 2pm i rang to chase and I'm informed that the costing has not yet been agreed
so cross, i'm never gonna get xams eve back again a total waste of a very valuable day and from the response it would apprear they were never gonna come. Why cant they just be honest
feel totally let down and it seems I have nowhere to go to get any support
0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 23 of 24

Go to solution

There seems to be some things that don't quite add up, obviously if you have chosen BT as your provider , they rely on Openreach to provide the infrastructure to enable your property to receive BT's 'services', and any 'network construction' is down to OR not BT ( they are not one and they same  entity ) but obviously BT should keep you advised with progress and chase OR if necessary, but if you had used Sky or Talk Talk ( for example) the same issues would exist.

There should be no excess construction cost complication if it's only one pole and its within the USO, ( so , no way this one pole could get into excess construction costs, its way below the £3400 threshold) , that seems to be an area that should be challenged, so why are they even mentioning costs ?.

If the pole is to be sited in your own land, then even though it's primarily to serve your address , you would still need to give a PTW ( permission to work) and to agree to an OR wayleave, ( and not expect any payment for it) ....a wayleave granting access to the pole  is required, so that should access be required in the future , it wouldn't be refused...is it possible that it's this that is causing the delay rather than a 'costs' issue ?.

If the pole isn't even  installed yet, then even if BT gave you a date of 24/12/18 for the install, then that date for service was never going to be achievable, in fact any date offered needs to be judged on the basis ' is this new pole installed yet' .

Is there more to your install than what's been posted here ?,  a problem unable to achieve the required height over a road from an existing pole , requiring a new extra pole , is quite a common issue and one that is usually easily resolved within a couple of weeks maximum , and possibly much less time than that, issues that take time are conflict over pole position, expecting a payment when the pole is for the applicants own service , or refusal to grant  a wayleave.

If this new pole is to change the entry position of the service ( when an existing entry point is already available ) this then becomes 'chargeable' work and not USO work, as OR's cheapest solution would be to use what already exists, but you seem to suggest that isn't the issue

0 Ratings
Silvertiffy
Beginner
Message 24 of 24

Go to solution
Thank you for the reply
yes there is a problem with height over the road from the nearist pole hence the reason for the need of a new pole.
I agree with your comments re it was never going to happen without the pole, but as BT told us the engineer was coming, i had assumed that BT were in the know, and has updated us accordingly. Unfortunately I belived BT, that is my contact. I know Open reach are a different company and the it is BT who contract them.
You mention I have chosen BT as my provider, is there other providers? - thank you
0 Ratings