cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

R.e openreach

I have had an on-going problem with bt openreach for several months now I originally placed my order with bt on the 17th december 2019. In january I was told that more work was needed in order to connect me to the network I.e underground ducting work as nothing was ever put in place when the buildings where built. On the 23 january bt had confirmed that they had finished the underground ducting work and that an engineer would be out on the 29th. On the 29th january openreach engineer came out to place my phone line but was unable to do so as the civil workers for openreach had not come far enough with the underground ducting. On the same day my phone line order was cancelled by openreach and I then had to wait for bt wholesales to cancel my broadband order as well. On the 7th february my order was replaced and linked to my old order. 19th february another survey was completed for openreach and was instructed that more work needed to be done i.e underground ducting. The surveyor phoned me on the 19th to confirm he had completed his survey and that he had contacted the landlord of the development in order to get there permission to continue. He stated that the landlord said for them to do whatever they needed to in order to connect my phone line. I have just been updated by bt that openreach need the landlords permission in order to complete the work. I'm assuming that openreach would have already obtained this information from the first order that was placed as without it they would not have been able to do the work they had already done in order to get my services connected. If somebody could please inform me of what to do I would appreciate it.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: R.e openreach

If it’s a new Estimate that’s been raised with Civils and the excavation is on private property then a new Permission to Dig Form would need to be signed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

I understand what your saying but why would the surveyor tell me that they have had permission from the landlord then get told they need permission again it just sounds like openreach are making excuses. I have just been informed that I will get another update tomorrow at 9am in the morning what's happening. I just feel like bt are just saying anything to try and stop me taking any further action against them I.e the communications ombudsman or even court action against them. From what I have gathered openreach got the permission they needed for the civils to commence the work. Anyways will keep you informed tomorrow when I get a clearer picture as to what's happening.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

What sort of development is this, mainstream developer or small one man band type of builder ?, brownfield site or greenfield, one off building, or several, and you are just the first to order service ?
If the developer never contacted OR during the build, then OR have no automatic rights to be on the site until the roads and footpaths are adopted by the council,  if work is required on site and the developer is OK with it, then it’s possible a verbal agreement isn’t good enough and proper wayleaves need to be prepared and signed.
If the duct work is away from the site, depending on what is required and where it is, the council may need ‘noticing’ and it could be that the council require a significant amount of notice, if the work was in a traffic sensitive road for example,   the vast majority of cases OR use civil contractors who do their own noticing and schedule works depending on that

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

I think in his previous post he said it’s a Development but the Builder has missed his house out when putting BT Duct in. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

That is  correct starwire still not got any further with the broadband yet so hot updated yesterday and because the development are wanting all of the flats ducting openreach needed permission from them to go ahead. The person I have been dealing with from the executive resolutions team has been great and has helped me so much by keeping me updated. Openreach have sent the paperwork they need signing to the development assets manager for permission. However in the meantime they have kindly sent me a bt mini mobile hub free of charge without and monthly bill and unlimited data until I'm up and running. Hopefully this will be sorted out by end of this month beginning of next if openreach get the paperwork back that they are sending. Will keep you posted when I hear anything more.

0 Ratings