cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
melania
Message 1 of 6

RE: Phone number not linked to Address needs ORDI updated

Hey

I'm trying to take out broadband but keep getting message saying no line registered at the current address.  Can someone please contact me so I can provide the details that need updating.  The line is active (although not with BT currently) and did previously have broadband on it.  I am looking to change provider and take out broadband again but am hitting a brick wall with this.

Cheers

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: RE: Phone number not linked to Address needs ORDI updated

do you know which ISP the phone line is connected to?

are you intending to get a Broadband and phone package from BT or another ISP?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Welcome to this user forum. @melania 

Only your current provider can raise an ORDI request to Openreach.

0 Ratings
melania
Message 4 of 6

The phone line is currently with Unicom and does not have broadband currently installed although it did previously have broadband.  Unicom currently has the correct address on the bill we get but just doesn't seem to have linked the phone line number outside of Unicom.  The phone number previously was linked to a different address then they moved house and kept the number.  I think it must be on Openreach with the old address still.  Hoping to change to BT and take up broadband also.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

@melania wrote:

The phone line is currently with Unicom and does not have broadband currently installed

Then only Unicom can raise an ORDI request.

Once the database has been updated, you will then be able to place an order with BT Retail. You will need to accept a new phone number.

This forum cannot help with other providers.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@melania Welcome to the community and thanks for your post, I can confirm the information being provided to you on the thread by @Keith_Beddoe and @imjolly is correct. Regrettably we wouldn't be able to raise the Openreach ORDI request for you as this has to be done by the current provider who are providing your land line service.

If you contact Unicom they will be able to get in touch with Openreach directly to get the address database updated. Post back and let us know how you get on.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings