cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Re: Another ORDI request...

I have a similar issue and understand that my records at OpenReach don't match my address and I need to raise an ORDI request.

I was planning on moving to Plusnet but they cannot raise an ORDI.

Please could someone help me raise one as when I called BT initially, they suggested that Plusnet do this.

Grateful for your help

John

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

@johnstarling 

Are you a current BT phone and broadband customer?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

The phone line is with BT. And I have broadband is with Plusnet using the BT line I believe.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

@johnstarling wrote:

The phone line is with BT. And I have broadband is with Plusnet using the BT line I believe.

I thought you said you were moving to Plusnet?

If you already have Plusnet broadband, then your address must already be correct on the Openreach database, otherwise it could not have been provided.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

the phone is an openreach connection not BT Retail and part of your Plusnet package  only Plusnet can raise an ORDI with openreach 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Many thanks for your reply.

Plusnet are saying that an ODRI needs to be raised as the telephone line is not recognised at the address. The post code did change around 5 years ago and both BT and Plusnet have the correct current post code. I suspect, Openreach have not updated their database. The move to plusnet was before the post code change I believe.

How can we confirm that Openreach have the correct detail, as Openreach only deals with businesses?

I have asked Plusnet again if they can make the change/contact Openreach but they say that the phone line relationship is with BT and they would have GDPR issue if they made the request.

Where do I go from here as I seem to be in a loop?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

do you have a Broadband package from Plusnet that includes your phone and internet which is the norm or do you have a bill from Plusnet for your Broadband and a totally separate monthly bill from BT Retail for your line rental and calls?

is your address correct on the royal mail database?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 10

Good morning @johnstarling,

I've been reading over your posts and want to confirm the following with you.

Do you pay BT for your line rental? If yes, then we can send off an ORDI request for you. As per @imjolly's post, make sure your address is correct with the Royal Mail's database too.

Let me know and I'll send you a private message to help.

Thanks

DanielS

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Many thanks for your replies.

Yes we pay for a BT residential line  which includes calls and line rental and separately for Plusnet which is just for the internet access. 

I have checked Royal Mail and they have the correct post code. Both BT and Plusnet have the correct post code too.

So, yes I would really appreciate it, if the ORDI request can be sent.

Thank you

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 10

Hi @johnstarling welcome to the forum and thanks for your posts. As you have the landline with BT we'll be able to get the address record updated for you. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to get in touch the Mod team.

cheers

John