cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pdoff1
Message 1 of 3

Re: Average waiting time for phone repair

Go to solution

I have been reporting our phone line breakdown since 11th Nov and every time I contact the helpline I get a different Indian person.     I go through the same routine each time.   I got the supervisor yesterday at my insistence - also Indian and also very apologetic and saying we will be compensated.  I really feel no one really  cares.  Each time I contact them they supposedly contact the engineers dept and tell me it will be repaired within 2days.   Today is day 16.   I was told the problem was underground and they were working on it.  I really don't believe anyone from BT now.   We really need the phone as we are both elderly and my husband has a chronic condition.  Seeing other people have similar problems helps because we don't feel so alone in this but also highlights the total incompetency of BT.   I would change to Sky but understand that needs a Bt line to work anyway.  Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Go to solution

BT Retail do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach (A BT Group Business) who work for all Service Providers apart from Virgin Media. BT Retail do not get any special treatment.

Try contacting the  faults support team

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Go to solution

Hi @Pdoff1,

We will take a look into your fault for you. To raise a ticket, click on my user name and then on contact the mods. You'll need to have full site mode enabled rather than the mobile version. Note though that it will take us about 3 working days to pick it up.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings