cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Re: BT Call Minder (1571) Number of Rings before Pick Up

I live in a house with several floors, it just is impossible to get to the phone within 7 rings, even nearly breaking my neck running down stairs. Yes, we have a roma phone, but I dont keep it with me all the time... I wonder how many old ladies that cant get to the phone with poor hip joints and others are suffering? Maybe a few high profile compensation cases where people have been hurt trying to get the phone before BT 1571 kicks in, would perk BTs ideas up a bit? It cant be rocket science to up the ring number from 7 to 12 accross the board! Why should someone have to pay £3.00 a month for Callminder just to increase the ring number and not injure themselves? A basic common sense issue. SORT IT OUT.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Here is a link to a page where you can download the call minder user guide.  Page 8 shows how to increase the number of rings to 10 which is the maximum   http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8431/kw/call%20minder%201571/c/345,350,1084

The download is at the bottom of the page

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Hi

Do you have Call Mnder or BT Answer 1571 as there is a difference? BT Answer is free (well as long as you make the minimum amout of calls a month) and is a basic answering service whereas Call Minder is a chargeable service which has a few more facilites attached to it.

If you have the BT Answer 1571 I am afraid that you cannot change the ring time before the call is answered but Call Minder you can increase the ringing.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Countless elderly or disabled people must feel the same frustration and anger as you do. But do you expect BT to care? They COULD very easily fix a longer time--say twelve rings, as you suggest, or fifteen, instead of a measly seven. But that wouldn't drive people to sign up for Callminder at £25 more per year, would it? What do you think BT is in business for? Public service?  

0 Ratings
SamPos
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Exactly!! My grandma (at 94!) also would like to extend the ring answer delay to someting normal like 30sec, why can't BT give this out free???????????

0 Ratings