Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Re: BT caller ID stopped working

Hello

Was this problem ever solved??? I’ve just bought my mum a new phone and this very same issue is happening to her. Her old phone displayed Caller ID, but this one doesn’t, just says ‘incoming call’.

I’ve tried calling BT customer service (4 times now) and still the problem isn’t solved. 

I guess I need to get back to them and explain this thread to see if that helps. I just know they’ll find it confusing and I’m not quite sure what I need to ask for. I understand that it may be due to a broadband issue, so should I call my mum’s broadband provider instead of the landline customer service?

i really want to sort this out as my mum (87 years old) likes to know who is calling as she hates getting nuisance calls etc. Doesn’t help that I live 3 and half hours drive away and so am trying to sort this issue out remotely. 

Please cam someone advise who I need to speak to to solve this and what it is that I need to ask for?

Many thanks 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Have you tried plugging the phone direct into the test socket without an adsl filter? It is possible that something in your mother's home setup could mask the caller identity.
I have known faulty filters as well as sky tv boxes to cause a problem
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your reply. No, I haven’t plugged the phone directly into the socket. That might be worth a go. I’ll try that when I’m next up for a visit, in a few weeks time, or maybe if I explain it to my mum, she might be able to do it. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@Gillramsay wrote:

Hello

Was this problem ever solved??? I’ve just bought my mum a new phone and this very same issue is happening to her. Her old phone displayed Caller ID, but this one doesn’t, just says ‘incoming call’.

Please cam someone advise who I need to speak to to solve this and what it is that I need to ask for?

Many thanks 

This doesn't appear to be the same issue as the OP. If the old phone worked and the new one doesn't, it would appear to be a problem with the phone. Can she borrow a different one from a neighbour to try?

0 Ratings