cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbh
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Re: BT seem to be having trouble providing me with a Landline

I too have been trying to get connected to a line from BTwith very similar results.

My order was placed on 16th September for a phone line and Broadband  . A date was given and the Modem arrived with instruction for the engineers and a date and time set . No engineer turned up and when I called to ask I was told that there was a line to the house so that that had cancelled the visit - this was not relayed to me. It was a talk talk line and I was a BT customer - another date was fixed again no engineer  this time when I  called the reason(excuse) was that TT   not handed the line back. On checking with previous owners they were informed that it had been handed back . Another date 16th OCT

between 8 and 1 was set . Again no engineer so another call elicited that the engineers had found a break in the line and they  did not know when it would be fixed .All this ,as you can imagine, caused several calls (all over 20 m minutes) on my mobile.

Yesterday another 2 hours was spent on mobile phone trying to contact BT with varying answers being given as reported together with one saying that they were waiting for me to pay £2,700 pounds to have a land line taken to the house as there were no lines and the road had to be dug up !!

All together I have had to have 3 days of unpaid leave and my mobile costs have gone from £50 - £200 being a pensioner it has cost enormous stress and distress

Today, I have had 2 calls from someone in BT to say they were sorry that they could not provide me with a line unless I paid the £2700 and other than that she had no assistance to offer. As I am a pensioner I am at my wits end as to what to do next.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

welcome to the forum

I moved your post so you can get a reply to your problem and not get replies confused with the originator of previous thread

you need mod help and they will post a link and provide assistance  contact mods link.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

Hi Mdh,

I would like to take a look at the details of your order. Please could you send me in your details using the "Contact Us" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings