cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looverlijn
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Re: BT8500 Registration option, why?

Hi, new to this forum and already having problems creating a new posting so I am hanging on to this one as it is very relevant to my problem: Initially bought a single 8500 and very pleased with it (no spam calls EVER!) then bought a second handset and problems now with registering this new handset. Go through the menu settings as follows:

Menu

Settings

Registration (incidentally the new H/S is already called Handset 2)

Press and hold the "Find" button on the Base unit and H/S 1 starts synchronising with H/S 2 then asks for System Pin (which is accepted) and the next display says "Handset 1 synchronised" No mention of H/S 2! and H/S 2 is still not linked to the Base Unit. Have gone through the procedure several times, including starting off from scratch and going back to Factory Settings but to no avail. The Base Unit steadfastly refuses to sync H/S 2.

Help!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Looverlijn
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Problems with a BT8500 phone /handset

Bought a BT8500 phone some months ago and have been very pleased with its functionality (no more spam calls at all!). I recently bought an additional H/S and that's when the problems started. After several false starts needing various factory resets I got to the stage when the base used could be instructed to Register the new H/S. This new H/S is already named as Handset 2. I used Menu, Settings and then Register and which point the display on the base unit gave "Press and Hold Find Button" After a few seconds the Base Unit gave "Searching for H/S" followed by requesting System Pin: System Pin entered and gave " Synchronising H/S" followed by message: "Handset 1 registered". As H/S 1 is the original one, this was not what was supposed to happen. My question is simple: How do I register Handset 2?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Problems with a BT8500 phone /handset

Hi Looverlijn,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the problems you're having registering the additional handset.  Your best bet would be to speak to the support team for that model of handset.  Here is a link you where you can download the user guide >> BT8500 Product details

You'll get the support teams number on the user guide too.  It's 0800 145 6789.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings