Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 29

Re: Call Features - Call Barring.

Go to solution
Hi. I have just transferred to BT specifically to have this call barring service to 123. Unfortunately calls to India are not bring understood and despite being told it has all been set up - guess what - we can still call 123. Mum is paying over £3 a month for the priviledge. I am tearing my hair out How can i talk to a call centre in the UK?
0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 29

Go to solution
Although bt will supply the service. you will need to enter the barring code on the phone.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 29

Go to solution
Highlighted
Message 4 of 29

Go to solution

Hi @Wendy58,

I've moved your post to a new thread as you were posting on a thread from 2011.

Can you try what @Devon_Dave mentioned? It's worth looking into the link that @Keith_Beddoe sent you. It should also help you with the 123 calls.

Try all of this and let me know how you get on. Come back if you still need our help.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 29

Go to solution
Thank you. But no one is telling me how to do that. India keep telling me its done. I have looked at the instructions but how do i specify within those instructions how to barr 123 only.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 29

Go to solution
Thank you both. Thank goodness I have found this forum. Someone is understanding at last!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 29

Go to solution

@Wendy58 wrote:
Thank you. But no one is telling me how to do that. India keep telling me its done. I have looked at the instructions but how do i specify within those instructions how to barr 123 only.

I don`t think you can specifically bar calls to 123, @Devon_Dave may know the answer to that.

If only 10 numbers are likely to be called, then the other option I mentioned may be better, and could be free.

You can also get phones that do the same thing. The BT4600 has that facility, but it does need setting up.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 29

Go to solution
Hi. According to BT call barring 123 is possible and i am paying £3.95 a month and mum is still dialling 123. Apparently i have to set it up but no one is telling me how to do this. The guide is not helpful. Can you help.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 29

Go to solution
How do I do this please. I only have mums pin code. I dont have an additional code which according to instructions you need this. She is continuing to dial 123 and i need to stop this.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 29

Go to solution

I cannot see how this is possible. I think the network controlled calling would be the best option.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings