cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 24

Re: Caller display not working, going round in circles

No we don't have a gas boiler. The only appliances switching on and off regularly is refrigeration equipment that's been in the house for years!

Now, I have just found this message "We have run a line test and we cannot find a problem with your line. The problem may be with your own equipment so we need you to carry out some tests. To get help with that click on the 'Help Section' on top right. If you have already checked your equipment and still have a problem then please call 0800 800 151.If you have made an appointment already the details will be shown below. There is no need for you to do anything further." I've done all the tests!

And so we continue to go round and round and round in circles! I tried to respond on the fault tracking page but could not send the reply as all I get is, in red letters, "Required Field", I tried phoning 151 and can't understand a word the Indian sounding lady is saying. Sorry, bu my patience is really, really wearing thin, especially now and I can't reliably use the internet.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 24

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

Noise will also stop the caller display from working.

It could of course be Openreach workin on the line.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 23 of 24

@davidchessonwrote:

Now we have another issue which may or may not be related. The HH6 drops it's internet connection roughly every 20 minutes. As with the caller display issue I have removed everyting else from the line. Plugged into the master socket it still does it. I have a substituted a secondhand HH5 that I had been using previously and that is now doing just the same. Watching streaming programs is now out of the question of course!

Hi.

Has this dropping out recently started - which is sort of what you've implied?

Interference can cause the hub dropouts, and this can be very hard to find. It could be neighbours equipment, lifts going up and down (that has been a case!), christmas lights, power adaptors and all sorts of stuff.

I doubt the types of interference above would cause the problem with caller display, but a line interference external to your property to me might be a factor that could cause both issues - and that would not be anything you can control.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 24

A follow up to the telephone conversation yesterday. The HH5 remained up and stable all day when plugged into the "junction box master socket" test socket. At around five o'clock yesterday evening I substituted the HH5 for the HH6 and as of this morning it has dropped connection once, at 05.05.11 and remained up since then. We still have the Caller Display problem. If the visit tomorrow can be for the Caller Display issue then please let the appointment stand otherwise the dropped connection issue may be on the wane.

0 Ratings