Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Niiboi53
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Re:Charges to calls I never made

Go to solution
After my last post,BT agreed to put a call barring on my landline on the 13th Feb 2019.This was to find out if the calls charged to my landline would stop.Yesterday,I noted on my BT app that,51 calls had been made from my landline since my contact with BT.I have spoken to them this morning and raised the issue of call barring being placed on my landline with no subsequent end to calls being attributed to my number.
After being asked to wait for a while,the person I was talking to,came back and said there was crossed lines at the local exchange and that,it was going to be sorted out.If BT had listened to the fact that,all the numbers on my bill belonged to a telecom company called Timico,the problem would have been sorted as far back as Nov/December.
I will be demanding an apology from BT Complaints Dept for implying I had been telling lies in relation to the “phantom” calls.
Folks,check your bills closely and do not be put off by BT staff.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Re:Charges to calls I never made

Go to solution

Has the crossed line issue been sorted now, as described in this thread?

https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/Landlines-charges-for-calls-not-made/m-p/1920481#M62542

Did you check your number using a phone, as I suggested on that thread?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Niiboi53
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks,Keith_Beddoe.
No,the crossed line has not been sorted as I only spoke to BT about 20 minutes or so ago.
I did not check my line but did try to check up on the numbers.Though different numbers were used,they all lead to the telecom company I mentioned and were basically,selling telephone numbers based on what I heard when I called those numbers on my mobile phone.It was BT who told me about the problem.They have just sent me a text message to confirm a fault being found on my landline.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

You should have checked your line as I suggested, as it would have been sorted out long ago. Its always helpful to check things with a phone to make sure.

If you have any problems sorting this out, then please post back here.

Niiboi53
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Re:Landline charges for calls not made

Go to solution
Fault that led to charges for calls not made has now been rectified and acknowledgement text message received from BT
0 Ratings