Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Re: Correcting incorrect home address in Openreach database

Hi,

I also have the same problem. My billing address is correct, however Openreach have my phone number registered to a neighbour's address. This came to light recently when trying to upgrade to fibre broadband and I got a call from the Openreach engineer who wanted to install a new line, despite the fact I already have one. It soon became clear that the address he had wasn't mine.

I've called BT customer services but couldn't get them to understand the problem is with Openreach, not my billing address.

Any help from the mods to get this changed at Openreach gratefully received!

Thanks in advance,

Julian.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Message 2 of 13

Hi jbarringer and welcome.

Sorry you're having problems matching your address details. I'm sure I can help with this. Can you please drop me an email with your details? You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Thanks David. I've provided my details via the "contact us" link.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

I have the same problem. The database has the wrong postcode. Would this be the cause of the alternative supplier saying that they can't reuse our current BT phone number? We do not want to change so are trapped into using BT because of this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

That was exactly my problem. My BT phone number was associated with a different address, hence my address showed as having no BT line, therefore requiring a new line and number.

I did get the Openreach database changed which then allowed me to transfer my existing number to a new supplier.

To be fair to BT, in my case Openreach was wrong due to a neighbour who changed the name of their property, the old name being practically identical to mine. It also caused problems with energy suppliers and Royal Mail.

Julian.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 13

Thanks Juian.

It's goog to know that somebody else got a similar problem sorted. What happenjs now? Should some nice BT person respond, asking for details?

Rick

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 13

No problem. I was tearing my hair out trying to explain the problem to Customer Services.

So hopefully yes you should be contacted once somebody reads this. I seem to recall you need to be contacted by one of the moderators in order to see the "Contact Us" link in their profile.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

Hi there,

Please can one of the mods contact me as my house number is listed incorrectly in the openreach directory.

Many thanks

James

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 13

Hi,

I have a similar problem, my phone number says I'm connected to one cabinet number and my address shows a different cabinet number, I have been told by the County Council managing the project that the address is correct and the number is not so I can't upgrade to FTTC until the record on my phone number has been corrected, can a moderator help get the information updated please?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 13

Can a moderator contact me as I have the same problem!

I have been in touch with BT for weeks, they don't seem to have any idea what I am talking about. They told me this morning it was all sorted. It is not!

Thank you 🙂

0 Ratings