cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
obarn
Message 1 of 5

Re: Disgusting service by BT OpenReach!

We were without a phone for over 3 weeks from the end of Nov 2012 after a hedge cutter severed the wire.  Endless calls to BT by ourselves and neighbours (including the children of 90 year old neighbours who depend on a phone).  In spite of being only 50 miles from London, we are 'remote' and mobile phone coverage is patchy.  We were calling almost every day to BT as we too work from home.  I had to travel 90 mile round trip to office as I couldn't work from home.  My 90 year old father was in hospital and because of the failure of BT to get the fault fixed and divert calls to my mobile no we weren't aware that he'd contracted pneumonia and was dangerously ill.  My mobile phone bill is normally less than £20 per month but for this period it was £188 - and BT want to give us compensation based on their pathetic daily rate for failure to supply service plus £10 ex gratia payment.  A large proportion of my mobile bill was for calls to their fault line which is premium rate for mobile users.  It just beggars belief that they can't make it free to mobile users - how else are you supposed to report faults?  We had endless excluses and lies such as needing to get permission to close roads, health and safety assessments etc., before they mended the fault.  We knew this wasn't true as we contacted our local councillor.

We are going to sue BT in the County Court - and encourage our neighbours to do the same.

It's time someone stood up to their lies and lack of customer service.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
ach2
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Obarn,

Was it a BT hedge trimmer which cut the Openreach telephone wire? This will probably be quite relevant if you are taking the case to court.

0 Ratings
michty6
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

"hope that someone with a sense of customer service might pick this up and do something about it."

With BT all you will have is hope, they have horrific Customer Service who just lie to you (create false hope).

You should definitely drop a complaint with Ofcom if your complaint is regarding BT Openreach.  They are the industry regulator and should be informed when this sort of behaviour is happening.

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

You can contact BT on a 033 number, so from a mobile it's a 'normal' call and inclusive on mobiles, apart from PAYG phones, this info is easy to find
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

@iniltous wrote:
You can contact BT on a 033 number, so from a mobile it's a 'normal' call and inclusive on mobiles, apart from PAYG phones, this info is easy to find

0330 123 4151 for faults

0330 123 4150 for service and billing

0330 123 4567 for Broadband and Vision

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings