cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 8

Re: Gold / Silver issue

Hi - I have had the same issue - what can I do? 

Thanks,

Billie

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Message 2 of 8

Hi @billiepn Welcome to the forum and I've moved your post to create your own thread as that's the best thing to do.

Can you confirm that you are a BT Retail customer for your landline and also that your address is listed on Royal Mail website?

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 8

Hi thanks! I have just moved in to this property so don't offficially have a landline but there is a landline port with the BT logo on it here - is that what you mean?

Yes my address is listed on the Royal Mail website.

Billie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

if you don't actually have a landline from BT then you are currently not a BT Retail customer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 8

The issue is that I need to be updated to a 'Gold' property so I can have wifi fitted in my flat. When I spoke to the provider they said to get in touch with BT to get them to change it. Can you do this? There is no help page for this on the BT Open Reach website and when I called it re-directed me to the webpage. This needs to be sorted!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 8

Hi @billiepn

Thanks for posting back!

As you don't currently have any service it's up to you who you want to go with for your services.  The address may go through to Openreach with a bronze/silver address key but this will update to a gold key once the service is activated.

Your best bet would be to place your order online where you'd normally get the best deals.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 8

Hi - that's not the issue. I had shopped around and found a provider I wanted to go with (NowTV) who then cancelled my installation as I was silver not gold. So it won't go up to gold when the services are installed as they won't install them in the first place!

They said to contact BT and they can change it so that's what this is about.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

this is BT Retail which is an ISP just like Now Tv - the use of contact BT is actually openreach not BT Retail and your selected ISP should be able to sort it out without passing the buck as they have exactly the same connection with openreach - openreach and BT Retail although part of the BT Group are separate entities

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings