cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Re: Home Hub 5 - problems with cordless phones

I have just had the engineer around.

Had a hub 5 installed 2 weeks ago and have been unable to phone out but can receive calls, also can use 1571 etc.

Despite fixing the line the panasonic wireless cannot phone out a number starting with a 0,3,5,6,8 or 9, alegedly it is not campatible with the bt broadband hub 5 with my long distance to the excahnge 8km.

I can dial out from an old wired phone.

I believe there must be a lot of us with panasonic and bt 5 hubs with theis problem.

I have been told to try other wireless phone  but..... would like to see if others have found a solution.

A test is to put the panasomic on speaker, and see which numbers kill the dial tone.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Oh and yes I can call out on the panasonic but only if I disconnect the bt broadband hub5!

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Assuming that you already have a microfilter in the lead to the base station, try an additional microfilter so that its connected like this.

twofilters.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

No this makes no difference, cannot get rid of the dial tone with a zero so cannot call out.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

I use HH5 and cordless panasonic phone and have done for years and don't have any problem with my phone so maybe it's just your setup

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings