cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A_evans
Message 1 of 5

Re: Lost landline number during broadband switch - please help?

I have exactly the same issue, moving from pop telecom to Now TV and the number wasn’t ported. I used to be a BT customer. How do I get this sorted. I am still in the cooling off period with Now TV. Appreciate any assistance with this and happy to change to BT if that is what is required.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

@A_evans 

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

If you ported your BT number to Pop Telecom, that would have worked, however as Pop Telecom did not own the number, they would not have been able to port it to Now TV, and it would return back to the BT, as they actually owned the number.

Provided you are still living at the same address, as you were when BT first issued you your number, then returning back to BT, would normally allow you to get your number back.

Is that the case?

0 Ratings
A_evans
Message 3 of 5

It could well be. I changed to Pop Telecom 12 months ago and assumed they had the number as it didn’t change. Can someone tell me what I should do? Do I cancel with Now TV and contact BT to explain the issue?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

you need to be certain that the number was issued to you by BT when you were at your current address before anything further

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

You need to at the same address, or one very close, which is still in the same exchange area.

It has to be the same physical exchange. In other words, the name of the exchange must be the same.

If you are sure that is the case, then all you can do is to cancel Now TV, and request service from BT Retail.

You will be given a new number, and you may not find anyone who can help you get your original number back.

If you do encounter any issues, then once your BT service is active, then post back here, and one of the moderators can be asked to help.

0 Ratings