cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 2 of 13

Re: No phone or internet for last 3 weeks.

I wasn't sure how to post a new topic so I piggy backed on a similar one..

My delay can't even be attributed to needing access to someone elses land, just a very slow response from contractors despite SKY continuously trying to hurry BT up.

Pretty terrible.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13

Hi Arnie,

I can beat that. For about 18 months I had problems with broadband dropping off. I made numerous calls to BT and was confronted with general pearls of wisdom including turning things on and off, moving things around to ensure they were run off the main socket and general apathy etc

Everytime I suggested something more sinister was at play I was reminded that an engineers visit would cost me (£150ish from memory). No doubt straight from the script in order to discourage me from taking this option.

Eventually I conceded and moved to SKY. The broadband worked much better until 7 weeks ago it stopped totally. SKY were pretty good and isolated a fault with the phone line and queued the work to be done straight away. That was 7 weeks ago. BT apparently use contracters, who can take forever to come out and do anything (one wonders how they won the tender/contract if they are clearly not able to support the workload). 7 weeks later I still have nothing and no indication as to when it will work again.

I fear whilst BT have a monopoly then nothing will change. After all, who cares when there is no competition?

A truly vile company to deal with, the very definition of passive aggressive.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Block66b
Contributor
Message 3 of 13

When not try posting it on Sky's Forum given your a Sky customer?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

BT Retail  do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach who work for all service providers.

As this forum is for BT Retail customers only, you need to post on the Sky forum, and get them to chase up Openreach.

Openreach are a separate company.

Message 5 of 13

OK Thanks, I didnt know Openreach were disconnected from the large BT.

The point that I'm now a SKY customer is moot as I had previously been a BT customer for years and after all, it's still a BT issue deep down. But to be fair, I'm not surprised with that response after a similar amount of apathy in the tens of phone calls I made to BT as a customer there until recently.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

Openreach is a BT Group company, the same as  B&Q and Screwfix are part of the Kingfisher Group of companies. So it would be no good complaining to Screwfix, about the service you received at B&Q.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

That makes sense- I understand how corporations can work together within an umbrella- I just didn't realise they were disconnected, after all , B&Q do not use the tradename "Screwfix" in their name. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

Openreach is simply Openreach, a BT Group Company, it is not called BT Openreach. That is an error perpetuated by the press and other media, usually aimed at discrediting BT as a whole.

Some Openreach Field Technicians, who should know better, still announce to end users that they are from BT Openreach, despite the best efforts of management, when Openreach was created.

If they visit a Sky end user, they should say, "I am from Openreach, working on behalf of Sky"

Imagine going into B&Q and being greeted "Welcome to Kingfisher B&Q" Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

That happens fairly frequently and ultimately it is the job of the marketing department to ensure that the brand is represented correctly, otherwise, well confused people join these forums and post about them.

Case in point.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

It says,

Openreach

Then underneath, "A BT Group Business"  with the BT Group Logo.

That is correct.

Anyway we are getting off topic now.

0 Ratings