Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darren1971
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Re: Phone number and post code dont match

Go to solution

I have the same problem, for some reason my phone number does not match my post code, and I want to know why this is the case. Please can you help?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Darren1971,

I've moved your post onto your own thread. It sounds like Openreach's recordsfor your line might be incorrect. If you send me in your details, I'll be able to help get this corrected.

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Darren1971,

Thank you for sending in your details. I gave your number a quick ring, I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you today.

When I check your details, its not showing any active service with BT? Is your telephone service active with BT or is it active with another provider?

If its active with another provider, you would need to contact them to have the address details corrected. Unfortunately BT would only be able to correct the details is the service was active with BT.

Thanks

PaddyB

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Darren1971
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

The service is BT Broadband. Now you can see the problem I have! I did send the account number for the service which is on my bill, along with the telephone number the BT Broadband runs over? Please can you confirm any other information you need, or give me a phone number to call if its easier to speak with you? Thanks. Darren

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Darren, 

I've tried ringing you again on the number you included in your details. Unfortunately there is no answer when ringing that number. I've check the details of the account number you included and this is showing as not being an active BT residential service.

By any chance are you an BT Business customer? If so you would need to contact the BT Business team on 0845 600 6156 and they would be able to get those address details correct.

I'd be more that happy to give you a call to discuss things. Please could you drop me a PM with a mobile number I can ring you on?

PaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Darren1971
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Yes it is a business line, I will try calling them. If I have no joy I will get back to you. Thanks a lot for you help.
0 Ratings