cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andysuth
Message 1 of 3

Re: The Recurring Problem (Crackly Phone Line)

Just don't do what I did and get strung along by BT for 9months 1 week.

After 9 Months from the original complaint the Ombudsman won't intervene.

I've paid £450 over the course of a year for Broadband and Phone.

I still have crackle.

The Broadband still drops connection as soon as the phone rings or we dial out.

I've had 4 different house phones, 4 different modems, three different master sockets - I've lost count of the number of gold-plated broadband filters I've had in there.

If I bought a TV I couldn't watch because the crackle was too loud , even if I spent less than £200 on it, I would have rights to return it. I've spent OVER £450 on this service which does not give the speed advertised, can't be used at the same time as the phone calls, and phone calls I can hardly hear what people are saying.

I have a theory that there is a bulk modem at the end of the BT phone line (i.e. not in your house), and that the Filter is bad at the cabinet side. Anyone care to discuss how the signal gets demuxed at the other end?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

your problem sounds like a high resistance joint on your voice line nothing to do with broadband at all it needs to be reported as a voice fault on 151 with no mention of broadband in the call once that is resolved only then will your broadband improve
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Hi andysuth and welcome.

I'm sorry you've had service problems for so long. I can appreciate how frustrating this must be for you. As john46 has pointed out it's more than likely a problem with the actual line. I can help with that if you wish. Just drop me an email with your details. You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings