cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonypayn
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Re: Unable to make outgoing calls since returning to BT

Hi, hope you can help, I have the same problem as identified in this thread. Calls returned to BT, since then unable to make outgoing calls. Engineer called who enabled us to make calls with 1280 prefix (but no calls permitted to mobiles). Spent hours on phone to the help lines, have identified it as a case where the Carrier Prelect service needs to be returned to BT, this was supposed to have been fixed last Thursday 5th November after marathon phone call, but the problem persists. Is there anything further that can be done to connect me to the service that I am paying for? Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

@tonypayn

Are you a residential or business user?

0 Ratings
tonypayn
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Hi, thanks for responding. Residential. Changed back to BT as part of a Broadband package at the end of June. Since posting  I had another long call on Friday to the helplines, ending up with the Customer Options team who told me that the previous order (placed 04 November) to reconnect the service had been cancelled - by BT - but they were unable to say why. The order has been reinstated and the promised reconnection date for phone service is now 17th November. I will update if it actually happens. Thanks again. 

0 Ratings
tonypayn
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

An update since my last post. The implementation date of 17th November for calls being available has come and gone and nothing has changed, and there has been no contact from BT to explain what (hasn't) happened. Still need to dial 1280 as a prefix to make an outgoing call (which only seems to work first time intermittently) and still unable to call mobile phones. I have been paying since the end of June for an Unlimited Anytime Calls Add-on package, but have been unable to use it. BT have been extraordinarily efficient in taking the payments on the correct dates, they have then surrounded themselves with an impenetrable wall that prevents you from securing the service without making that a full time job. It is a brilliant business model. I will try to address the issue of refund should I ever secure the service, but on past record suspect that if I try and approach the problem via billing they will simply cancel the contract. Which I would do if I wasn't reliant on it for the Broadband, and if it wasn't ringed with penalty clauses. Any ideas?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
tonypayn
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Hi, many thanks for your help

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@tonypayn Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You'll find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings