cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Recently changed from Sky to Vodafone

I recently changed from Sky Broadband and Phone line to Vodafone. I need to change the number over to Vodafone and they told me to contact BT to release the number. Is that possible? Previous to Sky, i was with BT so assume the number changed over fine back then.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Recently changed from Sky to Vodafone

There are similar posts on forum if you use search

as the number belongs to BT then on you switch it has returned yo the owner - BT

only way now to get number is to switch to bt.  Reading previous posts will explain how

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Appreciated. So i have not moved house so presume the exchange is still the same. It doesn't actually tell me what I have to do to get that number back though..
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

The only way to get number back is to become a BT customer.  I am sure the previous posts covered that and the follow up confirmed that after joining BT. The forum mods were able to help get number back

you should have been advised by Vodafone. That number would not be transferred

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

@Edd_Thatcher 

The number belonged to BT, Retail so Sky could not give it to Vodaphone, so it reverts back to BT Retail.

To get the number back, you would have to become a BT Retail customer, or get an additional phone line installed by BT Retail, as it may be cheaper than cancelling your Vodaphone contract. It depends on how much you need your old number back.

There is no other way.

0 Ratings