cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KeithMuzz
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Recurrent line fault

We have a re current problem with our land line.  

This fault occurs every time we have inclement weather and goes something like SNAP, CRACKLE AND POP!  This prevents us from holding a conversation on our phone or using the internet.

Now, we have been very patient with BT but enough is enough! Anyone who has had the misfortune to encounter a problem with BT will know how frustrating it is to actually make contact with a person\ manager with authority who can actually affect change and address problems.  Our current episode has been in progress for 3 months and is presently unresolved.  

Surely Bt must keep a record of works and could issue a job number that fast tracks any additional work for the same complaint? but no, customers who have a re current complaint have to negotiate repetitive and monotonous paths that leads to the same conclusive cul - de -sac.  

This is how it goes: Phone to complain, asked the same questions from persons unknown in foreign lands who then do a line test, they tell you all is well and that if an engineer calls and your equipment is faulty you will be charged blah blah.  We try to explain there is an on going problem with the external line if they would only check records to establish this - the result is: they send out another engineer who again, fails to administer an effective repair.  and repeat and...

On the last 3 occasions we were promised and engineer, as usual, but they actually never turned up, not even a phone call! Apart from being very ignorant this is a huge inconvenience - days off work etc. I wonder if BT allow their own employees time off to receive workers from our utilities?? My wife commutes to Newcastle through the week but looks forward to a day working at home - this luxury has become impossible due to the poor quality of communication through the BT line.  So this is a call out to the BT management to get their customer services up to speed.  

If this post resolves our problems then good, but I wont hold my breath and am not happy with a policy that is designed to frustrate people. Its obvious that the complaints procedure is a shambles that aims to deflect complaints from incompetent management, who are empty of ideas to improve the system, and onto the backs of the engineers(who on the whole do a decent  job).

The funniest thing is when an engineer does turn up he asks you loaded questions as to how satisfied you are with their work - not the outcome, but their personal input to the job.  He then enters this into a computer as work complete and customer satisfied...grrr!

Watch this space, maybe I'll be lucky and they'll have a epiphany...?  If unresolved, then the communications ombudsman will be my next call.

Mr KM

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Recurrent line fault

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Have you tried the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 you should hear no noise if you can hear noise then it needs reporting to BT faults on 151 with no mention of broadband in the call
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @KeithMuzz and welcome.

I'm really sorry you've had problems with the line for so long. I know how frustrating that must be for you. I'm assuming you've tried all the self help including connecting to the test socket so I'll be happy to lend a hand and try to get this sorted for you. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
KeithMuzz
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Hi David

Thank you for getting in touch and offering to support- my wife can not face phoning yet again.  We were promised an engineer yesterday but nothing materialised.    We have conducted every test you can imagine, as have the first three engineers who visited.  

Now, engineers are only going to the main box in the village 'clearing the fault' but not visiting the property to confirm.  

Will get in touch via email.  

Keith

0 Ratings