cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Reinventing Phoneboxes

Hi Everyone,

Olga’s post last week about the solar powered mobile charger got me thinking there must be thousands of old red phone boxes going to waste in scrap yards across the country, with the rise of mobile phones I can't remember the last time I actually made a call from a payphone nor can I recall the last time I seen a red phonebox that was actually in service.

Then noticed when taking a browse over the BT Better Futures website I noticed there is a company that is thinking outside the box (excuse the pun) when it comes to reinventing red phone boxes that are now obsolete in a world of smart phones. 

It made me smile at the thought of buying a coffee or even an ice cream from a red phone box in my town centre. I was also even more surprised to see that defibrillators have also been placed in adopted kiosks, what a great idea especially in rural communities where emergency services might take a longer to reach.

defibrillator1.jpg                 cash machine.jpg

If you could reinvent a phone box what would you turn it into?

Neil

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Reinventing Phoneboxes

Most of the red phone boxes I have seen are still being used as they always have been... as toilets!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

@gg30340 I don't suppose they look like this? lol

toilet phone box.jpg

Neil

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

That looks a bit more posh than the ones I have seen!

0 Ratings