cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnotherId
Beginner
Message 1 of 22

Remote 1571 access stopped working

I have had my BT 1571 service linked to my mobile phone for a long time. Suddenly, today, when I call my home number, wait for the greeting, and press * the service asks me for a PIN. I have never used a PIN on this service, because (as I understand it) the system expects a call from my mobile number and lets me in. 

I have not chenged my mobile number, or my home number so that isn't the issue.

I realise things may be changing in Jan 14, but it is still December 2013...

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
15eddy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 22

Re: Remote 1571 access stopped working

I am having exactly the same problem. Reported it to BT India and was told later by text that it had been fixed - it had not. Reported it again with the same response the next day. It still doesn't work, keeps asking for a non existent PIN.

Looking at the online help, it talks about going to MENU option 2 to change a PIN, but option 2 only refers to changing the announcement!

All very frustrating as this remote access facility linked to my mobile was the most useful feature of 1571.

When will BT respond? Do the read this forum?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 22

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only, where forum members, who are only BT customers, can help each other with BT Retail products and services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 22

You have to set a PIN number using 1571 from home, then selecting the correct item on the menu.

Unless you do this, you will not be able to access remote messages.

I believe this was implemented because of the phone hacking scandal, where default PINs were set up automatically, making it easy to hack into someones` messages.

0 Ratings
15eddy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 22

On the main menu from my home phone the only option is "To record a personal greeting press 2"

Am I doing something wrong?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 22

@15eddy wrote:

On the main menu from my home phone the only option is "To record a personal greeting press 2"

Am I doing something wrong?

I do not have the service, perhaps someone who does can advise you?

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8374

The help page says

"Can I pick up my messages from another phone?

You can't do this with BT Answer 1571 but BT Call Minder is the multi-feature answering service that lets you retrieve messages from any phone, anywhere."

So it looks like you cannot do it anymore unless you have Call Minder.

0 Ratings
15eddy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 22

I have now have a third message from BT telling me the fault is fixed. It isn't!

Shall I speak to India again?? - maybe, because I really want this service to work.

It seems strange if BT do not read thease messages. There doesn't seem much point in bickering among ourselves. Just a thought.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 22

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, if you click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 22

Hi 15eddy,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I can look into this for you if you wish. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. Once I have the details we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
15eddy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 22

Thanks David

Unfortunately I cannot find the contact option on your profile page!

0 Ratings