cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
15eddy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 22

Re: Remote 1571 access stopped working

I will be away for an hour or so, but will check when I return. meanwhile I spoke to BT India (again), they suggested I try entering 1111 or 2222 as the PIN. I did and neither worked.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 22

Hi 15eddy,

You should be able to see the contact link. Keith’s post will give you direction.

Cheers

David
0 Ratings
15eddy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 22

Thanks David, I found it and have sent message.
0 Ratings
15eddy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 22

It is beginning to emerge that remote access to 1571 which I and others used to enjoy is now no more. Thanks for telling us in advance BT!

Not only will we be asked to pay £1.75 per month for 1571 from January 4th 2014, but to have the remote access option I understand it will now cost £3.50 per month (I think I have got this right) to join something called  'Call Minder'

I am thinking a better option might be to leave BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 22

I don`t remember the basic 1571 service ever having that facility, but callminder did. I wonder if its callminder that you had originally, and it was accidentally changed to answer 1571?

Many service providers see this as a premium service, and charge extra.

You should not be charged for both 1571 and callminder, if you have upgraded to callminder.

0 Ratings
15eddy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 22

Keith, 

You could be right although it does seem a coincidence that AnotherID who started this thread also had the same problem as me, at about the same time!

Regards

Jim

0 Ratings
hippey
Expert
Message 17 of 22

Do you have the text message service? This was the only free variant where you could remotely connect , as far as I know. This service is to be ceased when the update of the basic 1571 is done. Or at least thats what happened to mine.
0 Ratings
15eddy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 22

Yes, a text message to my mobile phone. Then I called home and pressed star followed by 1 to access the message. As from a few days ago, when doing the same.  I am immediately asked to enter my PIN -,what PIN? !!

I have noticed somewhere on the BT website the following;

"BT Answer 1571 voicemail
BT Answer 1571 is a great, easy to use voicemail service – just dial 1571 from your home phone to check your messages. From 4 January 2014 you'll be able to save more messages for longer, retrieve them remotely and the service will cost £1.75 a month. "

0 Ratings
hippey
Expert
Message 19 of 22

It is broadly similar, I trailed the new voicemail service and it was an improvement on the old. Although I had to cease the text service before the new one was provisioned. I suspect that's what is happening now.

I do remember lots of issues with text alerts if you don't cease them before doing anything to the account like a new product. I have a right nightmare with the provision of voicemail on an FVA circuit when a test cease and reprovide was done. The DN was also changed and both me and the BT boffins could not solve the issue. The only way around was to reprovide the old DN, manually cease the text service and problem solved. No one ever got to the bottom of the error.
0 Ratings
15eddy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 22

Update!

Thanks to an email response from David and presumably engineering involvement plus subsequent followup by Neil, I am pleased to say the problem has been resolved and my 1571 is now working as it always did. Remote notification by text message of any new message, I then phone home from my mobile and can access messages - all without entering a PIN

Good result - thanks to all concerned. 

0 Ratings