Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twotwo22
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Remove on-line access to BT account

Hi,

Is there a way this can be achieved ?

Elderly vulnerable lady with BT phone line and problem son. Son lived with here and had broadband on the landline.

Son has now moved out (with police help) and broadband has been taken off, so lady is now only making and receiving calls.

Problem is that the problem son is monitoring her phone useage via on-line billing and giving her grief over who she is calling.

She needs to stop his on-line access to her account. She doesn't use it or need it. She has paper bills and DDs.

Is there a best route she or a social worker can take to get her son's access stopped and prevent him setting it up again ?

Thanks

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Remove on-line access to BT account

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Hi @twotwo22, welcome to the community and thanks for posting. That's a horrible situation to be in, I'll send you a private message so you can forward over this lady's contact details and we'll be happy to help.  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

Have you changed her password to the on line billing and her email? If not you should do that.

twotwo22
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

This is an 86 year old lady with no email address or concept of email. The son has the account set to HIS email address and HIS password.

0 Ratings
twotwo22
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Hi NeilO,

Thank you. I see your PM but I do not see a reply option. Looks like I can 'create a new mail' to you, would that do ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

Who is the actual account holder who pays the bills?

If its in her name, then the moderator can disable the online access to billing and make the bills paper only. @NeilO  will sort it out.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

@twotwo22 wrote:

Hi NeilO,

Thank you. I see your PM but I do not see a reply option. Looks like I can 'create a new mail' to you, would that do ?

You should be able to reply to the message sent by @NeilO  at the bottom when you view the message.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
twotwo22
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Trust it's OK to post this rubbed out screenshot but this is all I see. Cannot scroll and see a Reply option.

BT.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

Click on the email title in the list and the email should open so that you can read it and the reply button is at the bottom of the page.