cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 16

Re: Renumber from Talk Talk

If you moved address and changed provider from BT to TT in one go, and that house move was across exchange boundarys ( in other words the old address was off a different exchange to the new address) then TT should not have offered the number port, number ports are about removing barriers to  changing providers by removing the need to change the phone number , it's not a process so that you can take a number with you wherever you move to.
If the process had been properly applied when you moved you should have got a new number from TT 3 years ago.

How far apart are the addresses ?, are you sure they are off different exchanges ?

There is a way to get the number at the address, but you would have to port the number you want to a VOIP provider and access it via your broadband  , and the 'phone line' would have a new BT number from whatever exchange the address is served from, so you would have 2 numbers , one delivered by VOIP ( the one you want) and a new number that you could use or not use, it would be up to you

Message 12 of 16

@Anne48 I'm really sorry to see that you've lost your number, regrettably if the reason is that you are now on a different exchange then I am unable to help in this instance as we don't have the means to move numbers between exchanges. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Anne48
Message 13 of 16

Yes that's correct. I moved house, bringing my number with me, 3 years ago. I have only just changed provider.
0 Ratings
Anne48
Message 14 of 16

The new address is 2.5 miles away as the crow flies.
0 Ratings
Anne48
Message 15 of 16

I was with TT at my old address
, 2.5 miles away, and continued to be with TT at my new address until my recent move to BT.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 16

@Anne48 wrote:
The new address is 2.5 miles away as the crow flies.

You may be able to get a clue by using this broadband checking tool, and first entering your old address, and see if it shows the name of the exchange.

Then repeat it again with your new address, and see what it shows for the exchange name, as 2.5 miles could easily be on a different exchange.

This is the link, just use the address checker

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.address

You can post the names of the exchanges, bu no other personal info.

TT can port virtually any number onto their network, but once you leave them, it reverts to the original provider`s number range.

0 Ratings