cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gdroberts
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Replacement Master Socket wiring help

Hi. I’m renovating my hallway and want to replace the old and dirty phone socket. I believe this is a master (from outside with extension to other room). The socket is currently in two parts. One part contains white and orange wires for A and B connections. The second part contains thin blue and blue/white wires going to 2 and 5. I purchase an MK phone master socket but in only has 1-6 connections. So what goes where or do I need a different socket? Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Replacement Master Socket wiring help

Are you a bt Retail customer. I.e. Who is your ISP?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

@gdroberts 

Who do you pay your line rental to?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@gdroberts wrote:
Hi. I’m renovating my hallway and want to replace the old and dirty phone socket. I believe this is a master (from outside with extension to other room). The socket is currently in two parts. One part contains white and orange wires for A and B connections. The second part contains thin blue and blue/white wires going to 2 and 5. I purchase an MK phone master socket but in only has 1-6 connections. So what goes where or do I need a different socket? Thanks

You need a different socket.

0 Ratings