Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 114

Re: Report a Scam call

@DaveParky

You can buy a phone with BT Call Guardian, which will allow you to control which calls you answer.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/55729/~/bt4600

Anyone stored in your phone address book will always get through. Everyone else will either have to announce themselves first, or be sent to the answering machine.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 114

This does not allow Numbers with an international dialling code be entered as they do not start with a 0  

such as;- (917) 651-0076

0 Ratings
Highlighted
pompey1898
Expert
Message 13 of 114

Message received from Which :-

When I started at Which? I was overwhelmed with stories about nuisance calls. At best, nuisance calls can be an irritation. At worst, they are a harassment.

After five years, I’m proud to say we’ve achieved the final milestone in the fight against nuisance callers. This week a change in law states that bosses of nuisance call companies will now be personally liable for fines of up to £500,000.

This massive win is thanks to you and more than 525,000 people who supported us. But rogue bosses won’t have to pay a penny if no one reports them.

0 Ratings
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 14 of 114

Can the form be changed so we can report ALL scam numbers ???  I get loads of calls with +1 and +2 as their prefix. 6 in the last 4 days. They still have the claim to be BT or Microsoft etc ... scammers hiding behind numbers the think can beat the phone systems.

So, please BT, changwe the form to allow these number formats as well as the regular number sstarting with "0" ...

Rob

0 Ratings
WoodbridgePete
Contributor
Message 15 of 114

Could we have the reporting tool linked to BT Protect, with a drop down box to mark blacklisted calls as SCAM

0 Ratings
oldles
Contributor
Message 16 of 114

Has several scam calls over the last weeks. Indian male / female different phone number all seem to know I have had a broad band speed / line problem .. I did last year ...  The last caller i kep him going for 6 mins wanted me to press the 3 keys alt win and r ... 

I wonder Is it possible these scammers have access to Openreach call logs ...   

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 114

@oldleswrote:

Has several scam calls over the last weeks. Indian male / female different phone number all seem to know I have had a broad band speed / line problem .. I did last year ...  The last caller i kep him going for 6 mins wanted me to press the 3 keys alt win and r ... 

I wonder Is it possible these scammers have access to Openreach call logs ...   

Hi.

How would they have access to those call logs?

The thing is that the scammers call 100s of 1000s of numbers, and they are bound to end up calling people who have had problems, including recent problems. It's those people that might be caught out unfortunately.

0 Ratings
oldles
Contributor
Message 18 of 114

Since my copper line trouble last year I must have had 10 scam phone calls , ( perhaps one before that ) all of them said "this is BT ".. ( no other ISP provider ) and then mention "broad band" problem .. one even knew my name ?

"How would they have access to those call logs? " 

Perhaps Openreach call centre is in India ? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 114

These scam callers can seem to suddenly start calling out of the blue, simply because they will start using ranges they've either not used before, and then tell their "mates" to start calling as well.

0 Ratings
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 20 of 114

The problem nnow is that the scammers have caught on to the fact that peope use call blockers. So, to get round this they now use different numbers all the time. It's rare that a blacklisted number on BT Call Protect coms up a second time. Here's a screenshot of my mums Call Protect, and note that the number of calls sent to voicemail are all those which have NOT rung her phone!

Since using Do Not Disturb+VIP List she has not had a single scam call ring her phone. (At a cost of £3.50 per month though).Junk.JPG

Rob. 

0 Ratings