Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 181 of 191

Re: Report a Scam call

I did not avoid answering your question! I have no idea where the Openreach call centre is nor do I care. If I need to report a fault I report it my ISP which is BT and they then arrange for the fault to be repaired. 

To date I have not heard of anyone reporting that they have received a scam call purporting to be from Openreach.

If you read my post you will see that I said"It has been requested on this forum that this information be forwarded to BT security".  In case that is not clear, it was done in a message in a post on this forum.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 182 of 191

@gg30340wrote:

To date I have not heard of anyone reporting that they have received a scam call purporting to be from Openreach.

Around a third of scam calls I have received start with the caller claiming to be from "BT Openreach".  Since I know these are two separate entities, it's an immediate cue to hang up. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 183 of 191

not suggesting they don't get nuisance calls, but do they get the same sort of volume of calls or calls just after reporting faults.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 184 of 191

Longshanks0511

Thank you for that helpfull message. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 185 of 191

gg30340 post.  " In case that is not clear, it was done in a message in a post on this forum." please guide me to that post. 

It is not to difficult to guess if the scammer has the customers details they will claim to be BT calling ... Perhaps the fact they say this ( as reported )" BT openreach " inadvertently points to the place where they got their data. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 186 of 191

@oldles wrote:

gg30340 post.  " In case that is not clear, it was done in a message in a post on this forum." please guide me to that post. 

I'm sure the search facility within the forum will work for you in the same manner as it would for me. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 187 of 191

@SeanDwrote:

Hi Everyone,

I want to highlight a new way to report scam calls to BT.

Fraudsters claiming to be from BT are calling victims to try and gain personal information, gain access to computers and in some cases access bank accounts.

We take these incidents very seriously. Please let us know if you've been the victim of a scam call, so we can stamp out this activity.

For more information please read the content here, Scam calls

To report a scam call you can fill in the details on this form, Report a scam call

Cheers

Sean

Hopefully posting @SeanD 's original post again will bring this topic back on topic.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 188 of 191

just reported a scam , a mobile  no phoned ( 07760213307)  and an automated male voice said he was from HM revenue and custom and the police were coming to arrest me and that my case has been passed to the cps and for me to press 1 to speak to my case handler 2 for...... at this point i laughed and hung up  

it is now blocked on the bt blacklist website page . the call was at 15:15 its now 19:56 and still no police  lol 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 189 of 191

I had the same experience of reporting a fault and soon followed by scam call. Problem of sourcing out services abroad to unscrupulous people.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 190 of 191

So right

0 Ratings