cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 151 of 191

Re: Report a Scam call

Yes I agree it’s sometimes not worth the bother it seems just wish these scammers could be made accountable

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 152 of 191

There is a rare piece of news today on the BBC that City of London Police, Kolkata Cyber Police and Microsoft have made arrests and closed down two Scam operations in India. It is for a software related scam rather than telecoms initiated. 

I am aware of online investigations into many of these scam operations and how they operate: sometimes the Investigators report to Kolkata Police all the details. But as yet nothing is being reported on BT related scams, leading to any arrests.

Perhaps BT should keep us up to date on how this is progressing...??

Will there be a News item next week: "police from various countries with BT assistance have made x arrests and closed down y BT impersonators...."??

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 153 of 191

Hope you are not holding your breath waiting!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 154 of 191

@RoyMSwrote:

Will there be a News item next week: "police from various countries with BT assistance have made x arrests and closed down y BT impersonators...."??

Exceedingly unlikely to happen especially if, as some suspect, much criminal activity is associated with leaky BT Call Centres in the sub-continent.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 155 of 191

A general observation: I've had three nuisance calls today from the same voice (I think) to inform that my internet connection will be cut.....etc,etc.

A neighbour tells me that he's had two of the same calls today.
Someone is targeting the area!!!
Report calls to BT's report a scam call.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 156 of 191

I think the reality is that they will never stop until everyone recognises them as scams then there will be no point in it and they will stop.

All we can do is tell everyone we know and hope eventually it will do some good.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 157 of 191

@Bob1001wrote:

I think the reality is that they will never stop until everyone recognises them as scams then there will be no point in it and they will stop. I wish you were right but I doubt criminals will never go away

All we can do is tell everyone we know and hope eventually it will do some good.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 158 of 191

Hi, I received two calls today, apparently from BT Openreach (sounded like an Indian call centre) telling me there's a problem with my internet speed. I told them I have no problem with my internet speed. They persisted, and tried to get me onto my laptop to go through whatever process... I terminated the call. I've just checked my broadband speed and it's fine.

The calls came from 01287 415529 and 01256 196664.

I'll use the form to report these calls.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 159 of 191

Openreach do not phone us.  They only interact with the likes of BT, Talk-Talk, sky, etc.  Definitely a scam.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 160 of 191

Thanks. That's useful to know.

0 Ratings