cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 114

Re: Report a Scam call

Every one has been an Indian voice in back street call centres, The numbers are always disguised as being from London I check the numbers with online sites and it will be listed by many others as a scam caller.  

Only Scottish Power have continously  called to sell Boiler Insurance which is nuisance calling

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 42 of 114

@CypriotForexScamwrote:

Every one has been an Indian voice in back street call centres, The numbers are always disguised as being from London I check the numbers with online sites and it will be listed by many others as a scam caller.  

Only Scottish Power have continously  called to sell Boiler Insurance which is nuisance calling

You only have to look at the other reports about scams to see that the numbers are not London, they are everywhere. It might sound like a call centre, but these scammers can often do it in small rooms and play a tape of a busy office to make it sound like a call centre - whereas there may only be one or two of them.

If SP are calling and you don't want them, tell them to stop, and if you're not a customer of theirs, report them.

0 Ratings
wrecker
Contributor
Message 43 of 114

Call from Number 0206212-272 Which appears to be spoofed or possibly come from Puna (india) A typical scam call
0 Ratings
anotherbob
Message 44 of 114

Sean

Ive suddenly been innundated with these scam calls to my landline.. getting 5 or 6 a day .. with varying numbers. I started filling in the BT form each time, but its too time consuming when you getting lots of calls and you cannot copy n paste.  Very annoying.

BT need to make it easier to report eg:

What they need is a "Report" button on the BT Call Protect, View recently recieved calls, alongside the blacklist option.

On that note, theyve recently added in a step to blacklist calls  with the addition of a "close" button.... why? 

Cheers

Anotherbob 

0 Ratings
citizenz
Contributor
Message 45 of 114

I will give this a try.  I have at least one and sometimes 4 calls per day saying 'BT' or 'Ofcom' is going to cut of my internet, or it has been compromised in some way.  I have been blocking the calls and for a few days things went quiet.  But now it has been started again.  They used to have an operator you could swear at  but now they have a recorded messages.  

99% of the calls to my land line are scam.  This has been going on for probably two years.

I really do think it is time BT sorted this out.

They say they are from BT so when someone called who was really from BT I swore at her too!!  She had no idea why I would not believe she was from BT.   After 600 scam calls from from 'BT' what does she expect?

Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 46 of 114

I had what may have been a genuine call from BT however as BT know there are many scam calls perhaps they could be prepared to give your account number at the start of the call.

0 Ratings
citizenz
Contributor
Message 47 of 114

That may not be enough. 

I have been having junk emails concerning my TV licences and they know everything.  Name, address, email, account number - the lot.  Luckily they seem to be missing my bank details.

I would prefer it if BT got rid of the scam calls.

By 10.15 this morning I had already had two scam calls, both now reported to BT.  It is relentless.  Day in day out.  Up to four times a day.   These are my only calls, most of my contacts use my mobile number.   Making calls on BT is so expensive!!  But unfortuneately one friend uses the landline, or I would remove the handset.

They can obviously change the number of the call so the 1471 registers a random number.  I do not know how they do that, but I bet my son would know, he is an expert on call detection software.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 114

@citizenz 

The solution is a call blocking phone like the BT4600, then you can add your friend`s phone number into the phone, so they will always get through, and make others announce themselves, or just get blocked.

0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 49 of 114

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

@citizenz 

The solution is a call blocking phone like the BT4600, then you can add your friend`s phone number into the phone, so they will always get through, and make others announce themselves, or just get blocked.

Those type of phones work well if people listen to what it says, last time I tried it I met a couple of people in town who said your phone is faulty there was a strange announcement when I phoned it.

0 Ratings
Dode
Aspiring Expert
Message 50 of 114

Another and simpler option is what I do, and have for a few years now. I have a BT phone ( of the 2000 series ) with answer machine and caller display, which I think is free now. I put all the people I want to receive a call from into its phone book with a name against them. When the phone rings the name comes up and not the number, just like a mobile usually does, so I can answer. If a number comes up I don’t recognise I usually let it go to the answer machine. If it’s important they’ll leave a message and I can get back to them, usually on the mobile as it’s much cheaper than BT. This may not be for everyone but it’s easy to do and works for me.

0 Ratings