cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Reporting a spam call

Today Thursday 3rd September 2020 at 1345hrs I received a call from the telephone number 01608140065 claiming  to be from BT and going on about my internet connection. I was unable to make out exactly what he was saying but it was obvious he was reading from a script. I then put the phone down and cut the call. However I went into BT to raise this issue and did report the call however there is no space on the form to give any information about the call except the call number, my number and the date and time it was received. Could this be looked at for the future as it may be of a help in catching the perpetrators and warning your customers of an increase of a certain type of spam call being used at that time.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Reporting a spam call

You can report it but suspect you won't get a result. I get about 3 calls a day purporting to be from amazon saying there's an issue with my account , I guess they would not be interested. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Reporting a spam call

It would also be a waste of time reporting it because the number quoted does not exist.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings