cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deano_uk
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Responsibility and liability

Recently, BT openreach put a cable onto my house by hammering it into the wall.  I have tried to get this cable removed as I do not want it there.   Despite spending hours on the phone, writing 2 emails, completing a web contact form, the cable remains there.  BT openreach response is that there is not an openreach cable there...

So, openreach engineers clearly hammered the cable into the wall (this can be proved via CCTV).

Now BT openreach deny all knowledge of this, saying there is not a cable there belonging to openreach.

My question:   If sometime in the future this cable were to detatch itself from the wall and lay on the ground, if someone were to trip over the cable, who is responsible?  Who is liable?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Responsibility and liability

If Openreach installed it, then it's down to them, unless an act of vandalism caused it to become detached.

You'd be better off taking some images from the CCTV and posting them as evidence that Openreach were in attendance and the mods could possibly forward these on and see what comes back to them.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

@deano_uk wrote:

Recently, BT openreach put a cable onto my house by hammering it into the wall.  I have tried to get this cable removed as I do not want it there.   Despite spending hours on the phone, writing 2 emails, completing a web contact form, the cable remains there.  BT openreach response is that there is not an openreach cable there...

So, openreach engineers clearly hammered the cable into the wall (this can be proved via CCTV).

Now BT openreach deny all knowledge of this, saying there is not a cable there belonging to openreach.

My question:   If sometime in the future this cable were to detatch itself from the wall and lay on the ground, if someone were to trip over the cable, who is responsible?  Who is liable?

We all know I am afraid, you have around 3 threads running on the forum telling us the history.

As previously mentioned this forum is primarily for Bt Retail customers for advice with their equipment and billing issue where other customers can assist with a solution.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 4 of 4

Please keep all posts about this topic on the original thread.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings