cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Rogue 123 calls made

Hello,

I am at my wits end with an issue that i have discussed with 8 different BT employees on the phone and 2 complaints, so wondered if anyone here can help.

Since April I have incurred >£120 worth of calls to 123 and other numbers including 221111, 211111 and 211111. Almost all last a single second and i have not dialled any of them. Over the past few weeks I have unplugged the phone from the socket and BT told me they had blocked the 123 talking clock number but i have continued to see around 5 calls per day taking place including 123.

Everyone at BT who handles the case just tells me that I must be making the calls as their billing is very accurate. There is no appetite to check the line for some kind of interference that is causing this random number generating. I have seen other cases like this when i google the issue but no resolution. Has anyone else encountered this issue or know of a reason behind it? It cannot be faulty hardware if i have unplugged all devices.

Any help would be most appreciated as i am getting nowhere with BT customer support.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Rogue 123 calls made

hi. normally the issue you describe is caused by a line fault.
Has the line been tested?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Hi @lewist Sorry you are not getting anywhere with your complaint.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

Thanks @JohnC2 I have sent you the details via the private message. Please don't get one of the scripted BT guys to contact me to tell me that I must be dialling the numbers. This needs technical support I think.

Could this be a line fault as suggested by @Devon_Dave?  Is there a way to test the line remotely?

Thanks both

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

did you us the contact link as shown here as the moderators do not use Private messages as their signature shows the moderators once they have their mail sent from you will take personal ownership of the problem until resolve and provide a single poin of contact in the UK

mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Yes i used the link to contact the mods and filled in the form. Sorry, not up to speed with the terminology on these boards as never used before. Thanks.

0 Ratings